PDA

View Full Version : Another problem

frostmaster72
05-05-2002, 07:57 PM
Hey, after I posted about my surgery, I noticed that my number of total posts went DOWN?!?! I had a total of 321 posts and my total post number went down to 288? What happened? Is this some sick way to keep people from becoming MODS? (okay maybe that was a little harsh) But I am still wondering what is going on!

~Travis:angry:

The Silent Assassin
05-05-2002, 07:58 PM
Post count has nothing to do with becoming a mod. There was a post prune, and some people's post count's were affected. I'm thinking threads started at a date which was within the prune's scope were totally deleted, and so if they say...had posts that went out of the prune's scope, they, too, were erased. That's why some newer members had posts affected as well.

frostmaster72
05-05-2002, 08:02 PM
Hmm.....that doesnt seem fair though! Waa! :cry: I wanna have my blue star back, lol

~Travis

The Silent Assassin
05-05-2002, 08:06 PM
You have three blue stars...and you want to go back to one? I think that can be arranged.

Also, post count doesn't have anything to do with being qualified as a mod. It just means you can read, respond, and click submit. It doesn't demonstrate, necessarily, your ability to reason what you read, apply rules to the post, and then make a decision on whether the post is ok or should be dealt with. Then their is trust you must earn, and then you must prove you are a member who will stay at AGN (you look like you've proved that already). Those are just some of the basics.

Hermit
05-05-2002, 11:18 PM
I think he might have been referring to his 4th blue star which would have disappeared with the lost posts. Not that he wants just 1 again.
He's missing his 4th and wants that one back ;)