PDA

View Full Version : Surgery

frostmaster72
05-05-2002, 07:53 PM
Hey everyone. This Tuesday will be scary for me! Ahh! :eek: I have to have surgery on my gums. You see, once my braces were put on, they had to close the gap between my teeth. My gums are not very soft (In guess) so they couldnt remold into shape. Now, I have to have surgery to trim my gum muscle down. :eek: I have to take 7 pills an hour before my surgery! Oh my! The good side is that I can get my braces off afterward without fear of my teeth separating again.

~Travis

ps. I dont know why I told u guys, but I can always say what is on my mind here and get some helpful feedback. Thanks! :-)

MrCow
05-05-2002, 07:57 PM
hey good luck man i hope all goes well. never had that experiance but iit sounds kinda scary just look forward to the food you'll eat after its all done

frostmaster72
05-05-2002, 08:00 PM
Yeah, thats for sure. I wanna eat all those good foods again too.....mmmm.......gum..... :laughing:

~Travis

The Silent Assassin
05-05-2002, 08:00 PM
Ouch. I had to have part of my gums cut off due to a cut that cuased my gums to inflame to big...a pyogenic granuloma was the damn thing. Um...I got a shot...it didn't hurt too badly...and the bleeding lasts the rest of the day, but it is not that bad.

frostmaster72
05-05-2002, 08:07 PM
I am having something called a FRENECTOMY done on me. They are gonna trim up near the top of my gums and I will have stitches there. Looks like I will be eating lots of popsicles, lol

~Travis

The Silent Assassin
05-05-2002, 08:08 PM
I didn't get stitches. They gave me extra morphine, though, into the "bleeding" area which stopped the bleeding much quicker. Yeah, I have really sensitive gums, and they always bleed once in a awhile.

Menokh
05-05-2002, 08:15 PM
Ooh.
Sounds painful.
I've had minor surgeries done before, but nothing major; and with oral surgery they will either put you to sleep or give you alot of novacain, either way you won't feel a thing until later when it may be soar. Just hang in there, it will be over with before you know it.

King Link
05-05-2002, 09:19 PM
Good luck. I don't like denistry surgery, although I have never needed it.

I've had needles in the gums too. The prick is worse than anything they could do. The doctor who gave me the needle stuck my gum in four places. It was crazy.

Catalyst333
05-05-2002, 10:57 PM
Oh man ...I hate the dentist..I had a root canal done last year and they had to have my gums cut up higher so they could put a crown on my tooth...got stitches and all....it wasn't too bad though.....although I have had much worse done to me by doctors...so....eh..good luck though...

Catalyst

Hermit
05-06-2002, 03:52 AM
Err... well... this is... I'm glad I haven't eaten yet :)

Never had any gum surgery before, good luck with yours ;)

Drunken Tiger
05-06-2002, 03:55 AM
Good Luck!!!:thumbsup:

Dont worry everything will be fine!!!

Jemsee
05-06-2002, 08:39 AM
Oral surgery, ouch.
Good to get it done now though.
My wife had her wisdom teeth removed about three years ago and one was impacked. It left a rather large whole in her mouth and that became infected.
I came home from work that day raceing an ice storm.
I made it just before it hit. Happy.
Go inside to find her in so much pain she can't stand it.
So out we go and race the storm again to the dentest which is in another town. We made it ok, but on the trip back I was driving stright into the storm and could only go about 15mph.
The things we do for the ones we love.:)
Anyway hope everything goes well for you.

blckscab
05-06-2002, 10:54 AM
This reminds me about when I smashed my two front teeth on the bottom of a swimming pool(looked like this without the glasses:nerd: )
The whole bottom half of my tooth came of and the corner of the other.
Couldn't have any food untill I got to the dentist(day after) and when it was done, I went strait to the fridge for something to eat when my mum said I had to wait for 3 hours before I could eat:cry:

The dentist had gave me a injection in my gum (that hurt more than just leaving it) and then got this like spining disk in my mouth to smooth down the edges and then put a small nail in it(he hammered something into it!) and then put a cap on it.

He said that I was lucky that the nerves didnt come out.

Never liked dentists after that and also because the cap on the corner of the not so damaged tooth came off a day after!
They are never going to put that needle in my gum again so They chose just to leave it as it isnt doing any harm.

Hope I didnt put any one else off of dentists:laughing: