PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is what I call customer service. :)

4matsy
05-05-2002, 07:24 PM
Take a look at this:

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/05/02/1514240.shtml?tid=7

If only Microsoft were anywhere near as willing to listen to their customers as Microtel was...:sweat:

Menokh
05-05-2002, 08:07 PM
I heard about that.
I look at Newsfogre daily to keep up on things in the world of computers.
Microtel seems like a good company. I know who I'm getting my next computer from, that's for sure.

Rijuhn
05-06-2002, 12:09 AM
I think I have something from them, but I'm not fully sure. The news article puts M$ to shame, and I'm going to make a mental note of this company, and see how it does financially. I wish more companies would just drop their customer service, because most of them don't even use them, and are wasting money on the CS when it could go towards bettering their products. Hahah, I think I found one of those oxymorons or something like that.

vegeta1215
05-06-2002, 12:40 AM
Wow, that is awesome service! I'm really surprised they reacted so quickly to all the feedback. Very smart company. In my opinion customer service is one of the more important parts of a business. If you keep the customer happy, help them out, and make them feel good, there's a better chance they will continue to do business with you, and even tell their friends about you too.

Woah, and you can order these Linux ready machines at Wal-Mart? Sweet! I had heard Wal-Mart was a big distributor for Mandrake Linux, I never knew they were even more involved with Linux.

Originally posted by Menokh
I know who I'm getting my next computer from, that's for sure.

I'll have to look into it too. I really want a new pc, mine is a piece of shit.

My friend told about http://www.pogolinux.com They have some really nice, super well made Linux machines, but they're outta my price range.

mrz84
05-06-2002, 03:30 AM
just goes to show ya that some people are more willing to listen than others. it also shows the power of :kawaii:! :kawaii:!

Hermit
05-06-2002, 03:34 AM
It's very odd that a company would go to such lenghts to please the populous. This may be a very good sign for their growth and development, giving the people what they want and all :)

Kudos to them for doing so ;)

Jemsee
05-06-2002, 09:13 AM
Sounds great.
I'v been looking at Linux for a whyle now and am thinking of doing a partition and DLing it to try it out.
MS is what I know but change is good. And this is just one more thing to pull me in that direction.

Drunken Tiger
05-06-2002, 09:23 AM
Seriously is Linux really that good??

And is Microsoft really that bad??

Jemsee
05-06-2002, 10:44 AM
I personaly don't know, just what I'v heard.
That is why I want to try it on a partition and keep windows as main OS.
Till I try I'll never know.
But I do know Windows has bitten my ass more than just once, and I'v had to spend days getting things back to normal.
Even now that I got a new PC and a fresh install of 98se things are not the same as the orinigal setup, i.e.; Tweak UI dosen't work right, some stuff does but not all. Why?
I have multiple users with different desktops, this causes proublems somtimes.
I'll be brousing, just scrolling a page in a google search and get the illigal action thing and it closes all open windows in IE.
So yes, I'm interested in trying somthing new.

vegeta1215
05-06-2002, 12:43 PM
If you want to hear a good arguement about the Open Source community, check this out: http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-05-06-012-26-OS-SM-LL&tbovrmode=1#talkback_area

I'd like to see M$ argue against that.

Anyways, I personally believe Linux is better, but it's not necessarily just about that. It's many reasons. Firstly, it's very different, and takes some getting used to. The most frustrating part for new people, aside from adjusting to the differences is getting your hard-ware working and getting connected to the net (which will be a probelm for AOL and some dial-up users). But, once you do that, learning is so easy.

Some of the best and most appealing reasons to use Linux are (in my opinion): it's free, the open source community has tons of great free software than can compete with any WIndows software (and in some instances, it's better), no rebooting, no crashing, no blue screens of death, no virus' (no need for virus scan ;)), great security... check out this page if you're thinking about trying it out: http://home.earthlink.net/~penguinrox/

I'd definitly recommend anyone to give it a try. You can survive with just the GUI if you had to. No need to dive into command line at first.