PDA

View Full Version : For those of you having problems with sound in betas

DemoQuestFan
05-05-2002, 10:58 AM
The Solution:

1. Take your AG.CFG file that is in your 192 Beta 104 directory or your 1.90 directory and open it.

2. Open your AG.CFG file from your beta

3. Hit the maximize box on the beta AG.CFG to make the window smaller if needed since you will be copying information from the one detailed in Step 1.

4. Copy all your sound info. The lines you need to copy from your step 1 AG.CFG file are as follows:

digi_card = ? (whatever your sound card is)
midi_card = (Suggestion: Use MPU-401. It sounds better then Adlib. Manually enter MPU)
quality = 2
sb_port = (Usually 220 or 240) (if applicable) or the corresponding line for your sound card port
sb_dma = (usually 1 or 7) or use the appropriate line for your card's DMA if not SB16
sb_irq = (Usually 1, 5, or 9) or use the appropriate line for your card if not SB16
sb_freq = (Optimally this would be set for 22727 for all sound cards regardless of type)
fm_port = (Usually 220 or 330 for SB cards, use line that is applicable for your card if not SB16)
mpu_port = 330

That should fix your sound problems if you have low (or no) sound.

Edit: Could a mod or admin freeze this topic because I know quite a few people have had problems with sounds being too low or mute and this fixes the problem (or should)

VEL
05-05-2002, 12:55 PM
That's what I did when the music wouldn't play for me a while ago. :D