PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the gamecube?

blckscab
05-05-2002, 09:55 AM
I just got my own gamecube and I have Luigi's mansion, cel damage and rogue leader.
I think that it kicks ass. But I was pretty disapointed about luigi's mansion because it took me 2 days to finish, but it did show me what the gamecube can do, and I was impressed.
I love:heart: cel damage because of it multi-player(beating my brother)and rogue leader because of it eye popping graphics when there are hundreds of tie fighters flying around.
So what do you think about it?:D

itschris
05-05-2002, 10:34 AM
Do you live in Europe, or did you just buy it a few months after the launch? I think it's a really good system, but it probably won't "rule the world". So far I have Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Monkey Ball, and Resident Evil. I think all three are fantastic games.

I don't think it's perfect, though. The official memory cards are too small (until the memory card 251 is released in June, at least). The D-pad on the controller is the size of the GBA's, and the Z button can be awkward to reach if you're not used to it.

Dracula
05-05-2002, 11:27 AM
GameCube kicks ass! I need to get some more games, though... I can't wait for Castlevania to come out!!!

Kirov Airship
05-05-2002, 12:38 PM
The Gamecube has an awesome future. I don't think that it will ever reach the success of the PS2 ('cause everyone knows that gaming isn't "cool" unless its on a Sony machine. :rolleyes:Idiots.:rolleyes:), but I do believe that it will, with out a doubt, produce the best games in the world.

blckscab
05-05-2002, 01:14 PM
I live in England, so I got the gamecube on the 3rd May.

Ultra22Lemming
05-05-2002, 01:56 PM
I think gamecube kicks A$$. I have SSBM and Simpson's Road Rage which I think rock! I also have Luigi's Mansion and Pikimen which I don't find that fun.

Hermit
05-06-2002, 12:41 AM
As a system, the Gamecube does exactly what it was meant to do, play games. And it does that very well.

In comparison to other systems, it lacks features, alot of features. But what it lacks in features it makes up for in price, and soon to be games.

I still say Sony has got both GCN and XBox licked though, for reasons I've stated previously in other threads such as this that I don't care to locate and post or repeat again ;)

MottZilla
05-06-2002, 12:44 AM
It's good, however nothing to brag about or anything. I'd rather have a PS2.

Daarkseid
05-06-2002, 01:07 AM
Yeah, its good, but the PS2 has way more games I want to play.
The PS2 is also backwards compatible. The Gamecube is great, and the fact it seems to have Capcom's support more and more every day is a major plus.

I have a PS2, but I'll surely get a Gamecube later. I so want to play that new Resident Evil game...

mrz84
05-06-2002, 03:26 AM
GC is good. PS2 is good. x-crap is crap. nintendo and sony will mop the floor with microcrap's sorry excuse for next-gen system. :kawaii:

DarkDragoonX
05-06-2002, 12:06 PM
GC will not be as popular as the PS2, but it is definately going to be profitable, and it will mop the floor with the X-Box. By the way, blckscab, Luigi's Mansion doesn't really show off the GC's power that well. Play Resident Evil. Now THAT is power.

Mak-X
05-06-2002, 03:15 PM
Rogue Leader shows the awesome power of the Gamecube. I wonder what a Battle for Naboo 2 will look like.

Gamecube needs more games, there's 3rd party support but its not as big as Xbox and PS2. All this will change in a year, but there is no Mario or Zelda game yet, all of Nintendo's big games are coming later. Not that I have a lot of time to play the games I have though.

MottZilla
05-06-2002, 05:40 PM
Hopefully in a year I can get a PS2. :p There are games I want to get for it. Must get RE though for GC...

blckscab
05-07-2002, 11:07 AM
Well, to tell the truth I liked luigi's mansion more than the other two until I compleated it. I like puzzle games and hope that they bring out a luigi's mansion 2, but that is very unlikely.
Its the lighting affects and the fact that the curtains were not as hard a cardboard and that stuff. I mean compare mario 64 with luigi's mansion.
I just said luigi's mansion showed off the graphics because it was the first gamecube game I played.
I do want REvil as soon as I get the money ( That is if its out yet! Why are we always behind?:angry: ) I love blood and gore:evil:

VicViper
05-07-2002, 07:52 PM
The Gamecube is the best next-gen system out right now. Even though the PS2 has more games, the Gamecube has more enjoyable games to play.

Raichu86
05-08-2002, 06:17 PM
I think GameCube is the best new system, because...

1) They don't rip you off by making you pay $100 extra for a DVD player (that I'll never even USE)
2) I like the games that are on it... I can't think of any games I would ever buy for XBox or PS1/PS2
3) The GBA to GC connectivity feature is genius :D

BBP2X
05-10-2002, 05:17 PM
I think it's pretty good, although I still like GT3 for PS2 :tongue: