PDA

View Full Version : FF3 ... weird

Ultra22Lemming
05-04-2002, 01:05 PM
I was once playing FF3 on a emulator. And I quit the game. Everything was normal when I quit. Then when I went back playing the game I noticed something weird. This is the screen with all the items I had:
http://ultra22lemming.netfirms.com/FF3weird.jpg
More than 100 paladin shields!?!?!?!?!?!? I also had about 200-300 dirks!!!! Has this happened to anyone other than me?

Masamune
05-04-2002, 01:36 PM
why are you complaining?

VicViper
05-04-2002, 01:41 PM
I've never heard of a glitch like that, so it's probably a very rare chance that this came from the actual game code. It probably resulted from the translation from game to rom. That's the only reason I could think of.

Warlock
05-04-2002, 03:15 PM
FF3 has so many glitches it's not even funny. There are even glitches where you might end up getting someone like Leo in your party.. there are some crazy ones.

Mak-X
05-04-2002, 03:37 PM
I've gotten that at least twice playing Final Fantasy 3 (SNES). It usually happens on the World of Ruin when fighting on the overworld in some places. During the battle the game will just glitch up. If you leave the battle or win, your inventory will be messed up and you will have a bunch of items, like

Dirk 00
Dirk 00
Dirk 00
Dirk 00
Dirk 00
Dirk 99
Dirk 00
Dirk 99

When that happended to me, my game was still good, but my inventory had a lot of extra stuff. I ended up selling all the extra Dirks and made a lot of money. The glitch also gave me weapons like Sky Render and Excalibur before I even found them in the game. My sister was playing in the cave to the Ancient castle once and it just froze up during battle. Its like the game has so much stuff in it and its so massive that it just messes up.\

It's not from a copying the ROM from the game. This actually happens in the original game cartridge. The last time I played through Final Fantasy 3 (SNES) I made sure that glitch wouldn't happen and resetted the game if it did.

This is nothing compared to what happend to my save in Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals. There was some bug in the game where I was at some menu and all of the sudden when I pressed a button, one of my characters went to level 99, so my game was screwed and would be boring as hell, and I don't think I had saved recently. I wasn't thinking either and then I saved the game, saving the level 99 character as well. I didnt' want to start all over and I didn't play again.

The Silent Assassin
05-04-2002, 03:37 PM
SO this happened on the SNES cart? Heh, that's weird.

Cloral
05-04-2002, 04:27 PM
I had it happen to me too on the SNES. It gave me something like 40 Illumina swords, so I was happy about that.

The Silent Assassin
05-04-2002, 04:43 PM
Heh...great testing for the conversion, huh? Does this happen on the Japanese FF VI cart?

*b*
05-04-2002, 04:46 PM
I got a copy of Mog on my team once! though when I tried to battle with both of them, my game froze and I had to restart:( :eek:

Warlock
05-04-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
SO this happened on the SNES cart? Heh, that's weird.

Yup.. there is an faq on "how to $%@%# up your game" somewhere.. lemme see if I can track it down.. I remember one way was to have Relm sketch a monster while Muddled.. I believe there was also one where you could attack Gau when he appeared on the Velt (sp?).. you had to be really quick to do it before he started talking tho..

The Silent Assassin
05-04-2002, 05:47 PM
Ah...heh! That would have been cool to see. Do these work on FF VI, though...like my PSX version from Anthology?

Warlock
05-04-2002, 05:50 PM
doubt it..

Anyways, here is the FAQ:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff6/text/info/ff3sec20.txt

It's kinda formatted wierd on here.. Scroll down to the "Glitch Secrets" section tho..

Oh, and a surefire way to crash the game. When you return to Narshe (later on in the game), hit the skull switch off to the left (the one that you used earlier to escape through a cave or something).. it will crash the game ;)

The Silent Assassin
05-04-2002, 05:51 PM
Aren't you suppose to "remember" that switch...oh yeah...earlier in th game...

Warlock
05-04-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Aren't you suppose to "remember" that switch...oh yeah...earlier in th game...

Yeah, it is after the part where you are SUPPOSED to use it.. anytime after that part it crashes the game ;) haha

Edit: Damn, RPGamer doesn't allow linking (bastards!) Try this:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff6/ff6txt.html

And click "Final Fantasy III Secrets"

inori
05-04-2002, 06:26 PM
This glitch happened to me once, too. If I remember right, I played the rest of the game with everyone (except for the guy wearing Sprint Shoes) equipped with Gem Box and Economizer... :kawaii:

Elemental Knight
05-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Hot damn, Gau can Shock! I'm so there!

*Runs off to the Veldt*

Masamune
05-04-2002, 06:57 PM
i'm going to have to try those!

Artevoi
05-04-2002, 07:06 PM
Now that is cheating. I'm still playing through FF3 for the first time, and with this game I'm not using cheats until Kefka dies.

Masamune
05-04-2002, 11:11 PM
dude... it's not that hard! just get sabin and gogo and have them use bum rush repeatedly!