PDA

View Full Version : whoa... indeed weird...

GameQueen
05-03-2002, 09:51 PM
known as the "Unexplained Power Outage".

a few minutes ago the power went out over here, but I don't know why. there wasn't any storms (they all passed earlier today...), I don't think squirrels can do that much damage, so I don't know.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Strange. Is it still out? That same thing happened to out house, and one of the wires was torn.

VicViper
05-03-2002, 09:57 PM
Power outages could occur from a couple of things.

1. Storms
2. Cut wires
3. Electricity flow. Sometimes, if you have too much electrical appliances on at once, the power will go out for a little while.

It could be a number of things.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-03-2002, 10:00 PM
I am sure you guys have checked the breakers, right?

Jigglysaint
05-03-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by ZeldaMaster
I am sure you guys have checked the Breakers, right?

Like he has anything to do with this, LOL.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-03-2002, 10:36 PM
I knew someone would make a smart ass post like that lol

Dracula
05-03-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ZeldaMaster
Strange. Is it still out? That same thing happened to out house, and one of the wires was torn.

If it was still out, would she be online? :eyebrow: I'm just kiddin' with ya...

Well, I remember someone crashed into a telephone pole, and a wire fell on her car, and she almost got electricuted while trapped in a car wreck. The power plant had to shut down the power just so she wouldn't get hurt...

So, maybe something like that happened...

GameQueen
05-03-2002, 11:03 PM
true... there have been a lot of wrecks due to slippery roads today...

there were storms, but not right now, or I wouldn't even be online.

millmill
05-04-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by GameQueen
I don't think squirrels can do that much damage, so I don't know.

Oh, squirrels can cause major power outages. Quite a few years ago, a squirrel somehow got caught in a transformer, causing it to blow up, which resulted in part of the city that I from to be without power for several hours.

Menokh
05-04-2002, 02:13 AM
It happens here sometimes too.
As a matter of fact it happens almost like clockwork. And we are overdue, lol. That means I can expect the power to go out any time now.

GameQueen
05-04-2002, 12:36 PM
yet in this power outage every light in the damn city was off. all I saw was headlights on cars moving around.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-04-2002, 01:11 PM
That is very strange. I wonder what happened. Squirrels are evil, but they can't even do that much damage. I think...

Dracula
05-04-2002, 06:37 PM
It's a damn squirrel conspiracy... they chew on our roofs, cut the electric wires, and leave the toilet seat up... fuckers...

Artevoi
05-04-2002, 06:42 PM
All last month there have been almost random power outages here. One was over 3 hours long. I was never more pissed at the power company.

goKi
05-04-2002, 08:11 PM
i had an unexplained power outage right at a time when i died in diablo 2, and when the power came back, my body was gone, so i had nothing. oh well, im well past that now.