PDA

View Full Version : RPG Starter

UndeadOne13
05-03-2002, 05:35 PM
All I'll do is start this thread. After that, I won't check it often. The starter is below. Enjoy!

The time is a little past midnight. A cool breeze blows through the area, playing a haunting melody as it moves through the branches of the surrounding graves. Every once in a while, a small animal scurries past, but that's all. At about three am, the sound of many marching feet starts to come over the horizon. It is this sound that awakens you from your slumber. You sit upright and look towards the source of the noise. You see a group of about 300 souls marching towards you. The torches in the group are strategically placed in the image of a circle. Your mind races to find a group that has that symbol. A blurry memory of death and carnage floats into your mind, followed by one word: DANGER. You hastily wake the rest of your group up and pack up. Once you are done with this, it is almost daylight, and the mob is quickly approaching. You and your party decide to go north, towards the ruins of an ancient city. An old frien that might be able to help you lives there. However, on the way is a black forest, full of terrifying monsters. Your party starts on the path, and reaches the forest in about a day. The mob is closer than ever, and the quickest way to the city is through the forest. You and your party decide to...

If you like it, PM me when I'm online.:)

Masamune
05-03-2002, 09:00 PM
personally i like roleplays where CRAZY stuff happens and i get to use my magic katana.

mrz84
05-03-2002, 10:19 PM
impressive. sounds like it would make a good rpg. have you ever thought of making it into one with rpg maker 2000 or some other rpg making program? :kawaii:

*back-on-topic* this story is good so far. i think that it might actually rival the attack of the no-posting newbies. *GASP!* its got a good plot. i cant think of anything i could add to it right now, and thats odd. anyway, mormally i smoooosh random things with a large mallet but instead im going to let someone else or yourself continue the story. i bet ya though theyre gonna go through the forest though. :kawaii:

obi
05-06-2002, 04:13 AM
Obi - Well, It seems our paths are crossed, my friends, we six alone, may not be enought to fend off a journey throung the cursed-woods, but the the imperial fleet is nearing, we must take action now.

(insert name) A - The fleet is no match for us! we have trailned long and hard, we can take them on!

Obi - there is no need to rush into battle my friend, If there is a way out, and you are one for battles. The wizzard Sahasharasha lives in the ancient ruins ahead. We are aquaintances so he should help our cause.

(Insert another name) Y - I have heard of this great wizzard, it was he who inspired me to learn the mystic arts when he visited my village and saved my father, I owe him a great debt.

(I-N) B - Pah, We cannot brave the woods with the little supplies we have, even if we could stand up to the fleet, this is just a scouting troop, the real fighters would come, and with so few number as ours, we would not stand a chance.

A realises this and sits down, he is the fiercest warrior of the group, but he to knows when he cannot win.

Obi - It seems then we mus go through the forest. *to (I-N) D* What say you old man, should we enter the forest, or hide out?

D - Hmm, Y could cast a shielding spell to help us though the forest, a battle now would surely end in disaster and our cause lost. I guess we must enter our last option, the cursed-woods...

END OF MY PART

add names to the other characters when you add stuff. Make it a good story eh? :)

Nice one UndeadOne13!

EDIT -fixed a few spelling errors

UndeadOne13
05-06-2002, 05:23 PM
Nice dialog, obi. It fits quite well. BTW, D has heard legends of an powerful magical item hidden in the woods (due to his wanderings).

Mr. Z - What is rpg maker 2000?

mrz84
05-06-2002, 06:27 PM
CHEESE! now to get to your question, rpg maker 2000 is a windows based program that allows one to create rpgs(hence the name). im currently working on my first one but im new to the program and am still trying to figure out how to make multiple maps or at least make the insides of towns and stuff. :kawaii:

UndeadOne13
05-06-2002, 06:32 PM
Where do you get it?

*Back on topic*

As you and your group enter the forest, a chill runs down your spine. The trail is VERY dark and overrun with grass. As you walk on, you lose track of time. The only clue that night has fallen is the fall in temperature. You and your group decide to camp out by the trail. It's safer that way. There have been no signs of the mob, but you can feel their presence in the forest. Y decides to light a fire, but every time he tries, a rapid waterfall appears and quenches the fire, then disappears as quickly as it came. It's almost as if light is not allowed in here. As you make camp, D relays the legend of a lost artifact of great magical power being hidden in these woods. Knowing that magical items are quite valuable, but that you don't know where it is or if it even exists, you and your party decide to...

obi
05-07-2002, 03:13 AM
OT - RPGM is fun. I have been working on mine for a while but I put off work for the custom quest contest. Oh yeah, Mrz, Tell me what you have trouble on in RM2k, I'll help you out where I can!

Back to the story!

(Used to be A)Rikuu - My friends and I used to hunt in thewoods near our home, we would often spend days hunting as food was scarce in those parts. It was very unsafe in those parts as well, we found that by taking refuge in the trees we would be safe. May be we should employ the same tactics here.

(used to be D) Zedan - Hmmm, indeed this forest could have many creatures that wold attack you even when in trees, *to Y* If you cast a shield spell, and then If we take turns on being on guard, we should be safe.

Obi - Agreed. Y, do you need any materials?

(used to be Y) Findel - All I require is to meditate for a few minutes.

Obi - Okay, meay be we should rethink our strategies, M, Q, (the last to people of the group)How much have you heard of these woods?

M -

:D