PDA

View Full Version : Inori, I need your powers of perception

Beldaran
05-03-2002, 01:15 PM
I don't know Japanese at all, but I made my sig using babelfish and the global IME. What does it say to you?

I will tell you what its supposed to say after you tell me what it ACTUALLY says.:)

DarkDragoonX
05-03-2002, 01:26 PM
You know, that character just before the second hyphen looks eerily similar to a smiley face. Just another deep thought from DarkDragoonX.

Hmm. If that thought was deep, what are my shallow thoughts like?

inori
05-03-2002, 03:33 PM
It says "I am well-dressed and sexy." (Smart, in Japanese, refers to dressing well.) But the grammar is a touch odd.

Beldaran
05-03-2002, 03:58 PM
Yeah, babelfish is famous for odd grammer.

Anyways, that's basically what I was going for. hehe. I can't actually remember what I typed originally, but it was something like "Smart and sexy" or something.

Thanks Inori.:)

J.J. Maxx
05-03-2002, 04:08 PM
Ya know Inori with all the people asking you to interpret things you should start charging these people. ;)

Saffith
05-03-2002, 04:16 PM
Or better yet, lying to them.

Only thing is, that only lasts until someone else who speaks Japanese shows up and wonders why someone's sig says "I have ball-point pens in my orifices."

Paradox
05-03-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Saffith
Or better yet, lying to them.

Only thing is, that only lasts until someone else who speaks Japanese shows up and wonders why someone's sig says "I have ball-point pens in my orifices."

or better yet, "My blue hippopotamus farted twelve big mice" or somethign like that lol

Beldaran
05-03-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Paradox

or better yet, "My blue hippopotamus farted twelve big mice" or somethign like that lol

How is that any better than pens in orifices? hehe

inori
05-03-2002, 08:49 PM
You people should know better than to give me ideas... :kawaii:

The Silent Assassin
05-03-2002, 08:52 PM
Of course I have a friend who speaks Japanese at UT...so if I really felt something was translated properly...I'd go to him. But I trust inori with the translations.

Hermit
05-03-2002, 11:51 PM
Try this one on for size inori... if it even shows up...

EDIT: which it doesn't so nevermind :shrug:

ctrl-alt-delete
05-04-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Paradox

Man, that is what I wanted in my sig! But I cannot translate the writing. That would be cool to have something funny like that. Maybe someone could make one for me, and we could scare away all of the Asian newbies lol