PDA

View Full Version : Hmm.. robo-rats to the rescue!

Menokh
05-03-2002, 02:33 AM
http://news.com.com/2100-1040-897276.html

Read.

This is exciting and scary at the same time.
It's all fine and good to use 2 dollar rats to rescue people, but what else could be controlled though this method?

MetaStaiford
05-03-2002, 02:47 AM
anything thats nonsentient, i'd guess.

i agree that this is useful, and from what i heard, its not actually CONTROLLING the animals. its like sending them telepathic commands, and if they do them right, giving them something that can be compared to an orgasm

bigjoe
05-03-2002, 02:57 AM
I wonder how long it will be until computer controlled human clones are used for war.

Saffith
05-03-2002, 03:09 AM
Meta's right, though, they technically weren't controlling the rats directly. They just made it feel like something brushed its whiskers, and made them feel good if they did what they should.
Still, that can be awfully effective. I do think it would actually work on humans, too, to some extent...

Beldaran
05-03-2002, 03:20 AM
duh, it works on humans every day. Women have been doing it to us men for centuries. A woman walks by, we sense her. She smells good. We see her, and she's hot. Eventually, if we do what she wants, we have sex with her. Then she owns us forever. It's called marraige.;)

Saffith
05-03-2002, 03:27 AM
True, but people don't always do what they want. And it'd certainly be less effective if someone knew they only wanted to do something because someone else was making them want to...

DarkDragoonX
05-03-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by MetaStaiford
anything thats nonsentient, i'd guess.

You mean sapient. All living creatures with brains are sentient, the creatures that display high-level thought, such as humans and dolphins, are called sapient.

Second, this is just wrong. It's horrible to manipulate an intelligent creature that way!

Third, it would work for humans too. The human brain is more complex, but the principle and the methods would be the same.

mrz84
05-03-2002, 01:07 PM
they dont mention the evil ways that could be used. i can imagine it now..... an army of millions of rats. each controled from afar and armed with lasers straped to their heads. OH THE CHEESINESS! :kawaii:

DarkDragoonX
05-03-2002, 01:12 PM
Heh heh... Nah, rats aren't evil enough. What they need to do is make radio-controlled scorpions! Mwahahahahahaha!

mrz84
05-03-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
Heh heh... Nah, rats aren't evil enough. What they need to do is make radio-controlled scorpions! Mwahahahahahaha!

the rats dont need to be evil. the people controlling them might be another story.....:kawaii: