PDA

View Full Version : I don't happen to think it's a "potential problem"

plith
05-02-2002, 05:25 PM
In reference to TSA's post when he said L:THF would be two quests large. Well I've thought about it... and I'll do the same. Just... three quests instead of two. Except I don't think it'll be a problem at all for me. Each quest will simply start you off once more with nothing, instead of with all the items you had at the end of the last quest. The third quest will even be from a different perspective. So we will then have the Descendant series. And it'll be based on the honor system; I trust that no one who's enough into Zelda games to play the whole quest will skip to the second or third in the series just to see what happens next.

Here's the basic story outline for the quests as I have them now:

Descendant: Triforce Will
Hyrule is on the brink of war with the Dark World, a war which it will surely lose. There are no armies left to defend it; there's been no need until now. But there is Kyree. The last one left in a trickling bloodline through Link, Kyree has long been viewed as little short of the reincarnation of the great hero himself. When evil slowly seeps into the nine light worlds, Kyree sets out to reclaim the almost forgotten and more than legendary Triforce in a last-ditch effort to turn the powers of darkness around.

Descendant: Devil's Maw
A new face of evil is unmasked, and the hasty pact of the light worlds is already falling to pieces. As factions begin to bicker and once more turn on each other, the last remaining hero has disappeared in Hyrule's greatest hour of need. Kyree, in a strange and twisted land, must now fight the great war alone lest it erupt in his homeland.

Descendant: Eyeblink
I can't really release any details about this quest without giving away too much of the plot in the other two. But it won't feature Kyree except for at the beginning and end.

So that's what there is so far. What does this mean now? Well...
1) The thing will definitely take me a looooooong time. I'll release each quest in the series as I finish them though, so don't worry.
2) I'm officially out of the contest. Too bad, but there's just not enough time for something this grand scale.

Raichu86
05-02-2002, 05:31 PM
Good luck to you plith. I'd love to see you pull this off. :)

As for the contest... It's all mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwahahahahahhahhaha!!!!!!

jk :lol:

C-Dawg
05-02-2002, 06:48 PM
Good luck, Plith. But I really don't expect you to finish this. With ZeldaClassic being as much in flux as it is, and knowing the attention span of most gamers, I think shooting for any more than a five or six month development period is asking for trouble.

Still, good luck.

-C

plith
05-02-2002, 07:56 PM
:shrug:

Quite honestly, I figured about the same myself. But oh well, it gives me something to do. And if I'm still interested, I'll keep working on the thing even if all AGN crashes and burns.

Raichu86
05-02-2002, 08:05 PM
Don't give up on it plith, never. It's very good from what I've seen so far. There's no doubt you'd be famous if you pull this off.

The Silent Assassin
05-02-2002, 08:27 PM
Heh, he's just trying to outdo me...bah...Karma, Bitch.

C-Dawg
05-02-2002, 09:05 PM
I dont think YOU'LL finish yours either, TSA. ;)
Thinking too big when you're the only person on the job is a death knell for a quest, methinks. Still, you can always prove me wrong in a few months.

-C

plith
05-02-2002, 09:09 PM
I think of it this way: by the time I lose interest in the quest, I'll probably have lost interest in ZQuest in general. So what does it matter how I spend that time? Even if no one ever gets to see my handiwork.

The Silent Assassin
05-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Oh, the quest is being delayed for a month while I fix my "rank" problem, and then I will return with a vengeance this summer to make one of the best damn quests ever made.

plith
05-03-2002, 06:32 AM
By "rank" problem, I assume this means you'll be taking a shower?

Immortal Warrior
05-03-2002, 09:12 AM
TSA, how ARE you gonna fix your rank? A posting spree? or praps you could ask WL to "give" you posts, I know thats possible with ikonboards, because I have a post count of over 10 thousand at my beta testers forum, just a bit 'o' fun :D

C-Dawg
05-03-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by plith
By "rank" problem, I assume this means you'll be taking a shower?

ZING!

Wow, thats the most witty thing I've ever seen on AGN. Damn Plith, cool points to you!

-C

K-Teclis
05-04-2002, 05:14 AM
I don't think I'll get my quest ready for the contest...
But I won't rush it!

You should go for it plith!