PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Check. Gamecube...

Mak-X
05-01-2002, 11:44 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/news2002-05-01.html

This is the funniest PA I've seen in a while for me. You have to read the news post ^ first for the full effect, then view the comic.

Warlock
05-01-2002, 11:59 PM
Yeah, that was great :D haha..

Personally I will prob. get Resident Evil later on, maybe for my birthday.. I don't really want to shell out the cash for it right now..

mrz84
05-02-2002, 08:20 PM
i still have yet to read all of their comics from the begininng. right now im somewhere in the 2001's. :kawaii:

itschris
05-02-2002, 08:24 PM
I'm getting RE on Saturday, as an early birthday present (my birthday's May 31st). :D

Daarkseid
05-02-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
Yeah, that was great :D haha..

Personally I will prob. get Resident Evil later on, maybe for my birthday.. I don't really want to shell out the cash for it right now..

You're crazy if you're just saving that money for something else. Resident Evil is going to be the best game for GC for awhile, thanks to Nintendos slow development cycles.

The Silent Assassin
05-02-2002, 08:45 PM
Hahahah! ROTFL! That was damn good.

Rijuhn
05-02-2002, 10:34 PM
I love Penny Arcade, I don't know any other sites that have jokes like it does. Rock on PA!

DarkDragoonX
05-03-2002, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. I followed the link in the article, and I think I'm actually going to send my Cube in for a makeover. Gold box, silver for the controller panel and the slats that cover the upgrade ports, green power button, yellow reset button, red open buton... blue LED light, and of course, the PAL switch. :)

Dart Zaidyer
05-03-2002, 11:39 AM
Resident Evil is just another soul-less excuse of a game these days. (no pun intended.) I don't see why it's so great... If I want that much blood and gore I'll just pick up a copy of Quake.

DarkDragoonX
05-03-2002, 11:44 AM
Are you INSANE? RE is one of the few new-gen games I like! It's a perfect combination of an adventure game and an action game, combined with an intriguing plot. The new graphics make it a almost cinematic experience. When playing this game, you feel as if you're really in a B-movie. You actually become scared for your character's life. RE for the GC is the second best game on any console, second only to Lunar: TSS.

vegeta1215
05-03-2002, 10:43 PM
I've never played an RE game (cause I never had a PS or Dreamcast), but I'm definitely eager to check out this one coming out on Gamecube. I saw the commercial the other day, and it was pretty cool.

AlexMax
05-05-2002, 01:29 PM
I find Resident Evil to be too hard of a game for me.

But I might check it out...

Brasel
05-05-2002, 07:01 PM
I was going to get it...but I was at a closing KMart today and bought three PS games for 50 bucks...they were brand new, I'm happy.

Zone of the Enders, Dragon Warrior 6, and Orphen...Orphen sucks.

The Silent Assassin
05-05-2002, 08:01 PM
I wonder where Leon is...he supposedly loved RE games.

Daarkseid
05-05-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Dart_Zader
Resident Evil is just another soul-less excuse of a game these days. (no pun intended.) I don't see why it's so great... If I want that much blood and gore I'll just pick up a copy of Quake.

So much blood and gore? You are apparently clueless as to Resident Evil's popularity; gore had little to do with its success, other than as a cosmetic effect. If these games ever had too much blood and gore, it was because the games realism called for it. I even heard that the amount of blood and gore in the RE remake was toned down to make the game a little more realistic.

You apparently haven't even given the game a try. If anything its one of the counter examples of modern gaming being soulless... the game is benefitted greatly from its presentation and gameplay, the creepy atmosphere and wonderful plotline makes it an unforgettable experience.

Don't ever compare this game to Quake, Quake was a first person shooter with a sad(as in pathetic) plot but excellent gaming engine that foreshadows the fact that ID is best suited for gaming technology than actual game developing. The premise of Quake is clearly like its forebearers, kill everything before it kills you while trying to clear a stage. Resident Evil has a much less linear gameplay style and at times requires you to avoid fights so as to be better prepared later.