PDA

View Full Version : Well, I finally got a Shoutcast server working

AlexMax
05-01-2002, 10:01 PM
I'm going to keep it on all of tonite, hopefully longer.

It runs on two computers of a 4 comp LAN

Server - Pentium 133 Mhz with 32 megs of ram (More than enough to run the server)
Source - Pentium 2 300 Mhz with 64 megs of RAM, full duplex soundcard (So I can do mic and crossfading)

It runs at 24kbps, 44 kHz and can accomidate 10 users. It has a playlist that contains Pink Floyd, Hip Hop, Dance, Trance, Techno, Drumz n' Base and everything in between.

Link is in my siggy. I've even got it set up so you can hear my voice when I'm on.

EDIT: It should work now. Stupid soundcard doesnt do full duplex well. You wont hear my voice, but otherwise, it should be OK.

vegeta1215
05-01-2002, 10:45 PM
Cool, I'm listening to it now. Woah, Super Mario Bros remix! Freaky!

BTW, you're running Windows right? I know you were starting to get interested in Linux, I just wanna say, Linux is perfect for this kind of job! If you got a new pc, you should definitly keep the Pentium 2 system you have now, and turn it into a Linux-based internet radio station! Think of it, as long as you had a internet connection and a rotation of songs, you'd have uptime 24/7!

AlexMax
05-01-2002, 10:59 PM
This isnt my computer to do that with.

And for people having trouble connecting (Ive had a few reports of people having trouble), make SURE you have winamp at www.winamp.com

Mak-X
05-01-2002, 11:03 PM
Woohoo alright Cowboy Bebob Go Tank!

vegeta1215
05-01-2002, 11:05 PM
You don't need Winamp. Realplayer does it fine. Windows Media Player should too. I'm using mpg123 to listen in (I do the same for JJMaxx's station)

You need to get some more music though AlexMax. The stuff on there is cool, but JJ's has my attention more.

J.J. Maxx
05-02-2002, 01:27 AM
I would just like to take this oppurtunity to thank Veg for actually spelling my name right. Thank you. Here's a cookie.

The Savior
05-02-2002, 04:50 PM
Nice. I like your's a bit more than JJMaxx's, your's is more upbeat. *sings* Inhale, inhale, you are the victim!