PDA

View Full Version : Tile egitor progress

gohan2000
05-01-2002, 05:10 PM
Well, I'm sorry, I haven't updated my progress, I've been sick lately, Well, I'm not done yet, but, I am making progress, Here's the latest build.

latest build (http://dwgames.gamegrounds.net/Tileeditor.zip)

e3h3
05-01-2002, 05:15 PM
What is featured in this build?

Tygore
05-01-2002, 06:53 PM
What the heck is an egitor? ;)

Raichu86
05-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Tygore
What the heck is an egitor? ;)

Editor. The first thing I do when I post a topic is ensure that my title has no spelling errors.

Anyway, what is the tile editor used for? I could either use the builtin editor or a paint prog.

DarkSFK
05-01-2002, 07:24 PM
I agree with Raichu. The tile editor's are ok, but they are a pain to keep imorting and exporting tiles into and out of your quest. I'd just edit them on the screen, no offense.

C-Dawg
05-01-2002, 08:48 PM
Now hold on, smoky. If this cat incorperated mass tile animation and recoloring in his editor, it would be a useful tool indeed.

-C

e3h3
05-01-2002, 10:37 PM
C-Dawgs right, but is there really anything you can do in this build? I can't find anything useful in this one

Verbatim
05-03-2002, 01:33 AM
There are already a lot of tile editors that help with creating animations. What we really need is a good tile editor which can use .til and .qsu files, so that you don't have to bother much with exporting and importing tiles--just export your quest as a .qsu, edit the tiles, import it into ZQ, and save.

Ideally it should support editing more than one tile at a time (for objects/enemies larger than one combo), and have an animation feature with variable speed, identical to the animation speed variable you set in Zquest.

Isn't FCF working on something that will be able to do at least some of that?

Will this program eventually have features like that?

Link Hylia
05-03-2002, 09:29 AM
I think it is an excellent idea

gohan2000
05-03-2002, 02:17 PM
This is the new enemies tile editor. If you would like a general editor, I could try to incorporate that in. and any other suggestions you have.

Cronic
05-03-2002, 02:28 PM
multiple tile editing at once is all you would need to make this the best editor around man ;) I gaurantee. Animations would be neat as well.

gohan2000
05-03-2002, 05:09 PM
O.k. for everyone to know, this is what I plan to put in-

for enemies like the aquamentis, you'll be able to edit and see all the tiles at once.

easy access to all the names of the enemies so that all you have to do is click on the name, and the tiles pop-up.

Mass color changing.

full or partial bitmapping viewing, in other words, view only the enemy, or view them like you would in ZC.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.