PDA

View Full Version : New Quests

fajz
05-01-2002, 09:25 AM
I'd like to ask what it takes to get a quest transferred from the Submissions file to the Completed files so we can try them out. If it takes someone to play them and make sure they have no bugs and are a complete quest then I volunteer my services. I for one am tired of waiting so long for new quests. How can I help to get them "Opened to the public"?

FZ

DarkFlameWolf
05-01-2002, 01:57 PM
well, I also offered my help on the matter and I happen to have expertise in webdesigning and managing and even I didn't get the job because I was 'too new' and it would 'look bad' if I was hired for the job. So don't expect to get hired for help either.

DarkSFK
05-01-2002, 02:20 PM
DFW, no true. I've been accepted to test 2 quests so far and I've been registered about a week.

DarkFlameWolf
05-01-2002, 02:28 PM
no, he and I are talking about actually helping them with the database and new quests.

DarkSFK
05-01-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
no, he and I are talking about actually helping them with the database and new quests.

You mean bugtesting??

AlphaDawg
05-01-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by DarkSFK
You mean bugtesting?? No, I'm pretty sure she means maintaining the Quest Database (http://questdb.armageddongames.com).

fajz
05-01-2002, 03:51 PM
I have played about 85% of the quests on the database (I don't play the ones with the original overworld because before Armageddon came along I played the original 2 quests so many times I really got sick of that overworld) every day I check the database for new quests and there is never any to try. All I want to do is get some of the 33 quests in the submissions file into the completed file so they can be enjoyed by all. Now with a contest going on we'll probable have to wait until the judging is over. Let some of us help at least until the submissions file is down to just a few. As of right now there are NO quest on the database for me to download and play that I haven't already played...NONE. With 33 quests in the submissions file this shouldn't be. Unless of course there is something that has to be done to ever quest that I don't know about that takes forever to complete. If there is I'm sorry for complaining, but if not, give us some quests!

FZ

DarkFlameWolf
05-01-2002, 04:24 PM
yes, Alphadawg hit it on the nose. My offer still stands, but I doubt anything will come of it. I'm still 'too new.'

MottZilla
05-01-2002, 04:50 PM
I told Cyclone even I would help if he needed it.

DarkFlameWolf
05-01-2002, 08:26 PM
yeah, even less chance of me getting a spot, why get me when he has you for back up Mott?