PDA

View Full Version : Lost Golden Power (Still Alive after nearly 2 years)

MottZilla
04-30-2002, 11:35 PM
I don't know if many of you remember or even know about it, but I made "The Lost Golden Power" about 2 years ago. And I have updated it so it runs smoothly on the latest public beta that Cyclone posted. I've fixed various bugs and such. There really shouldn't be any bugs remaining. If you've never played it you should. Whenever Cyclone gets it together in the DB (he has to delete the one in the beta section as it's complete now) I'll post a link.

Also, for anyone that has played it feel free to post any comments. It was my last quest I ever released. :p I always figured it would always be the last one I ever released, but I might make more sometime. My first quest I ever made (also the first custom quest released that wasn't done by a beta tester) was Aftermath of Ganon's attack, which isn't even in the DB. I think it was a pretty nice quest. I was one working on converting/upgrading it to LA or BS style graphics. But I lost interest in ZC around then.

Cyclone
04-30-2002, 11:41 PM
Um, yeah. I'll get right on it.

Dials a number.

Kratheous? Mottzilla needs some assistance. ;)

j/k, but seriously, I'm only popping in quickly this evening. If it's still not up 2morrow nite, I'll add it then (hope my computer is working properly by then, too...).

Cyclone

MottZilla
04-30-2002, 11:43 PM
For now the latest revision can be obtained at http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/zelda1/zcquests/lgp/index.html

Edit: I had made a dmap error, i fixed it. If you goto a weird red screen when going into a level or something, redownload the quest now.

Mak-X
05-01-2002, 12:03 AM
I played Lost Golden power up until about level 6. I liked the way the overworld looked. The first part was neat with the town and waterfall. The dungeons were a little short though. I had to think a bit on the one with the water that lowers in the entrance. I'll have to finish it sometime when I have the time. The Ganon's town part was neat from what I saw with the enemies and statues. It really starts getting enemy filled as you get in that area.

MottZilla
05-01-2002, 12:09 AM
I think I did a pretty good job on it considering I did most of the work 2 years ago. ;) Also originally LGP was going to be a 4 piece of triforce quest. Maybe that's why I had smaller dungeons as I didn't plan on it getting so big. Anyway..

Nightmare
05-03-2002, 01:41 PM
I will be getting the remake soon Mott-Z. Just a little busy.

-NJS-

vegeta1215
05-03-2002, 10:36 PM
When I get a chance, I'll try the newest version. You may have remembered me sending you tons of bug reports about the Lost Golden Power long ago, cause there were alot of bugs in it, hehe, I was probably really annoying too. But, I was only like that cause I think your quest has a lot of potential.

MottZilla
05-03-2002, 11:09 PM
Oh no, I love bug reports so i can make it better. And I do remember a few people sending me them, or maybe a person sending a few times. It was so long ago i'm not sure. Also try my AMOGA remake. =)

vegeta1215
05-04-2002, 03:22 AM
I think I have played that one! Is that the one that starts you out on a screen lkike the first Zelda, but all the area around that first screen is flooded with water, and you use a raft for a bit?

That was a pretty cool quest, I didn't play far, but I liked it. I read in the other post about it that you changed the graphics? Why? I loved those classic graphics! Call me old fashion, I love the original graphics, and I like to see different thing's done with them ;)

MottZilla
05-04-2002, 03:34 AM
Ya, but since you played it you start 2 screens to the right and raft in. And it uses NewFirst graphics now, due to the low amount of interest in classic style quests. =\

K-Teclis
05-04-2002, 05:04 AM
I'll try the newest version, when I get more free time!

vegeta1215
05-04-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
...due to the low amount of interest in classic style quests. =\

So I'd noticed :(

Well, when I make a quest in the future, it's gonna be classic style, and it's gonna rock.

VGWarrior
05-04-2002, 02:26 PM
The LGP quest is buggy still; the inns don't work.

MottZilla
05-04-2002, 06:11 PM
They should. I have gone in them, you walk in the beds, lol, and you get healed.

MottZilla
05-06-2002, 06:16 PM
Anyone have a list of bugs for me to fix yet?

KJAZZ
05-07-2002, 12:38 AM
Well I haven't tried out the new demo yet, but I did play the old version, it was one of the earliest quests I played (along with Stones of Argia and Sword of Oricon) and I liked it a lot. I'll check out the full version. :thumbsup:

And yes, I still like classic quests. These newfangled quests with cutscenes just ain't right..;)

MottZilla
05-07-2002, 02:23 AM
Woah woah... demo? LGP is complete...

AlexMax
05-09-2002, 05:03 PM
This is one of the few quests I HAVE played!

Sweet!

MottZilla
05-12-2002, 03:26 AM
VG, how were the INNs broken? And are they still broken?