PDA

View Full Version : Gahh...

PrfectGREG
04-30-2002, 07:33 PM
This blows, I just spent like an hour working on a Silent Hill 2 tile set and I did it in the wrong pallet setting. So now it looks good in the editor but sucks when u play it...

GAHH

(this is why I dont make my own tiles)

DarkSFK
04-30-2002, 07:47 PM
What do you mean? Can't you just use the pallte you created the tiles in?

MountainDrew023
04-30-2002, 07:50 PM
only certaint plattes can be used for tiles other palettes can only be used in the character

DarkSFK
04-30-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by MountainDrew023
only certaint plattes can be used for tiles other palettes can only be used in the character

I knew that drew.

Anyway, just export the tiles, open your palette, and recolor them. I now it's a lot of work, but it's easier than redrawing them AND coloring them.

JayeM
04-30-2002, 08:47 PM
Or just copy the cset you made them with to the cset they're supposed to be in... What's Silent Hill 2?

PrfectGREG
04-30-2002, 08:58 PM
Its an awesome PS2/xbox game with a killer story.

The main premis is this:

A guy gets a letter from his dead wife telling him to meet her in Silent Hill (an evil town that punishes people for there sins).

The first SH on psx delt with the town and an evil clut, the 2nd one is kinda a side story about 1 guy's past.

If you search Silent Hill on yahoo you can get a binch of cool sites for it, and about the copy pallet thing, thanks for the idea...

I think I am going to release this by summer...

;)

Manson Seed
04-30-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by PrfectGREG

I think I am going to release this by summer...

;)

It will be cool to see what you've got, being that I really liked Silent Hill 1 and 2.

:cool:

DarkSFK
04-30-2002, 09:33 PM
Sounds nice. Really looking foreward to it. Oh, can you post a demo of what oyu have done so far?

PrfectGREG
04-30-2002, 09:40 PM
http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/sh.jpg

*note these will be greatly improved over time

Thats about all I have done so far. What I plan to do is each "level" will be a different theme like in the game.
Like Aprtments, Hosptial, Jail, Hotel ect..

DarkSFK
04-30-2002, 09:46 PM
Looks nice so far. Keep up the good work.:)

PrfectGREG
05-01-2002, 06:28 AM
Thanks, see when u make a quest using a custom tileset, its like more work goes into the tileset then the quest.

But I vow to release this quest by Aug or September.

I am going to try as hard as I can to keep SH2's story and basic game mechanics intact.

:D

PrinceMSC
05-01-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by PrfectGREG
Thanks, see when u make a quest using a custom tileset, its like more work goes into the tileset then the quest.

That is so true. I've been working on ML's tiles and palette for 5 months.:(

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

Yoshiman
05-02-2002, 05:54 PM
Those tiles aren't bad PG!