PDA

View Full Version : For FFVIII peeps!!

mike5000
04-30-2002, 05:20 PM
What is your favorite spot for leveling up...If you know a spot where u get TONS of EXP..Share the welth!

EDIT:plz

EDIT: oh yeah and It has to be accessable on disk 3 cuz I hate disk 4 and the stupid ass time compressed word.. thanks!

Daarkseid
04-30-2002, 05:50 PM
EXP is worthless in FFVIII. Its very easy to get Squall up to level 100 by the end of the third disc. Most of the emphasis in character building, is in collecting and stocking magic and gaining abilities for your Guardian Forces.

In fact, levels don't really get your characters much of anything. The end of the game is very difficult to get through without equipping GFs, even with all characters at level 100. In fact, I think the challenge of Ultimecia's castle is that you have to go without your GFs for a certain period of time.

Hermit
04-30-2002, 06:03 PM
The easiest places to get mucho experience points are "The Island Closest To Hell" and "The Island Closest To Heaven".

The place to get mucho AP is fighting the little cactuars on "Cactuar Island" ;)

inori
04-30-2002, 09:18 PM
Daarkseid's right though ... experience doesn't do squat for you in FFVIII, because as you level up, so do the monsters. So if you spend a lot of time building up to level 100, most of the monsters you meet will be at level 100 or near it, and will still be just as tough a fight as they were at level 1. Conversely, if you don't level up at all, the monsters will be weaker, and you'll be able to survive even deep in the game at your low level (unlike previous Final Fantasy games), if you have the appropriate GF skills available.

Hermit
04-30-2002, 09:35 PM
So.... I answered the question..... :shrug:

:laughing:

mrz84
04-30-2002, 09:40 PM
indeed you did hermit. :kawaii:

Cloral
05-01-2002, 03:37 AM
The best thing you can do in this game is whenever you reach a new area is to check out which magics the enemies are carrying. If they have anything you don't currently have, draw out as many as you can carry. If you do this, you should be able to smack the enemies with no problem. And be sure to get a whole bunch of Ultimas from the Ultima Weapon!

mike5000
05-01-2002, 02:05 PM
Thanks for all your help and I will take all of your tips into consideration!!