PDA

View Full Version : Alphadawg's U3Q

Pepe Pérez
04-30-2002, 04:34 PM
can anybody tell me where the bonus level is before I cut my veins?

Cronic
04-30-2002, 04:44 PM
http://www.alphadawgonline.com/zc/o3q is down. That's where his walkthrough is located at. maybe someone else can help you though.

radder1
05-01-2002, 07:37 AM
Do you mean Level 9? If so, you have to bomb a wall to find an alternate exit out of Level 8.

vegeta1215
05-01-2002, 12:09 PM
No, I know which bonus level he means. I would, but it's fun finding it on your own. BTW, I wouldn't recommend searching for it unless you've gotten all 8 pieces of triforce and/or have made it through most of level 9. The bonus level is tricky.

I don't even know if AlphaDawg revealed it's location...I guessed correctly when I went for it. It was really cleverly hidden too :D

Oh, here's his web page: http://host05.ipowerweb.com/~alphadaw/ He doesn't have a total walkthrough for the U3Q like he does for the Official one. You've just gonna have to find the bonus level on your own! Enjoy the quest, it's my favorite one!

Pepe Pérez
05-01-2002, 07:54 PM
Oh my God! was that supposed to help? telling me it is "well hidden"?
I know I need the flippers to get there but... JUST SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE IT IS!!!!!!! :banghead:

VGWarrior
05-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Try a screen that has no secrets like caves, items, etc.

It's been a LONG time since I've played it.

vegeta1215
05-01-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Pepe Perez
Oh my God! was that supposed to help? telling me it is "well hidden"?
I know I need the flippers to get there but... JUST SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE IT IS!!!!!!! :banghead:

I could easily tell you where is was, but what's the fun in that?

Do you have the lens of truth yet? Once you get it, you can see where secrets are. The flippers are hidden on the overworld, the lens of truth should help you find it. And the flippers are necessary to let you get to the bonus level. That's all I'm saying, and I even think that is too much.

Pepe Pérez
05-02-2002, 05:52 AM
but I HAVE the flippers and lens of truth. Couldn't you al LEAST give me a clue? I've searched all the water zones with no success

vegeta1215
05-02-2002, 05:23 PM
:shrug: You haven't really checked all the water zones...think about it ;)

btw, if you do figure it out, keep it to yourself. We dont' wanna spoil it for everyone.

Pepe Pérez
05-02-2002, 08:09 PM
well... I think I have tried EVERYTHING: pushing every tree... burning every rock... boomeranging every wall... playing the whistle underwater... "baiting" every tile... even consuming a red potion (twice) in every screen!!! (maybe that sometimes reveals something)...

VGWarrior
05-02-2002, 09:15 PM
I have a crazy idea...

Try a dungeon.

Pepe Pérez
05-03-2002, 05:41 AM
THAT wasn't crazy at all. LOL.
OK, I beat it. However, I must say that it wasn't tought at all (with red ring and mirror shield). Anyway, it was SURPRIZINGLY hidden (not absurdly hidden, as I thought)

vegeta1215
05-03-2002, 10:33 PM
Hehe, it was good wasn't it? :D I loved how AlphaDawg put Metallica's "Disposable Hero's" as the bg music for the dungeon.

Hey Pepe, did you fall for the trick at the end? If you make the wrong choice (either left or right), you have to go through it again. I fell for it the first time :( I'm a sucker, just like I fell for the trick at the end of level 9 to reach Ganon.

Pepe Pérez
05-04-2002, 07:05 AM
Well, I fell, but it didn't took me too long to reach it again. But since I have missed 2 heart pieces I couldn't get the master sword. DOH!
By the way, is there some kind of secret behind all those "wazzups"?

vegeta1215
05-04-2002, 12:16 PM
No, the Waazuup's are just for fun.

So you mean you need to have a certain number of hearts to pick up the master sword? I didn't know that. How many do you need?

When I got there, I had 15 hearts and 3 heart pieces. AlphaDawg put an extra piece in the bonus level in case people missed an earlier once (which I did). So the max you can have in his quest is 16 + 1/4

Pepe Pérez
05-04-2002, 03:32 PM
you needed ALL 16 hearts. Otherwise you can't get it.
PS: I wonder why in all quests the master sword is allways given to you right at the end. Just before killing Ganon!!!

vegeta1215
05-04-2002, 04:01 PM
Hmmm...ok. You get that last Heart Piece right before you pick up the master sword, right? Ok, it makes sense now.

Well, I thought getting the master sword wasn't such a big deal. I just liked finding the flippers and the bonus level, and playing through it. It was a fun bonus. Plus I was shocked that I found both on my first guess - I had pretty much gotten every other secrets, as there weren't too many screens left with no secret.