PDA

View Full Version : End-Users aren't murderers... the products are!

Dart Zaidyer
04-30-2002, 12:49 PM
That is the politician's war-cry these days. Yes, it's a sad sad truth. It's not gonna stop with guns and games either, I feel it will soon progress into cars, power tools, lawn mowers, cutting knives, perhaps even motorized fans. ANYTHING that could be used to hurt or kill, or see scenes of violence with, will be targetted as an evil influence and subsequently marred with red tape and government control until the industry is half dead.

Fortunately the world will probably come to an end before that happens, but you never know. What do YOU think the politicians and bureaucrats will aim at next, in order to polish their image or divert attention away from the real truth?

Pryme8
04-30-2002, 12:54 PM
YODA SAYS: Hmmmmm... been somoking good shit you are...

Hermit
04-30-2002, 01:06 PM
Well the first major one was music I think, then movies, then games, so perhaps next will also be some other form of digital entertainment I'm sure. Probably... Computers, PC's, and Laptops will be next ;) Or maybe... fax machines or printers that never work properly and so they cause anger and someone gets killed in the rage over it... Maybe Road Rage will be a big hit... ( pardon the pun ;) )

Who knows, in any case it will just be another stupid ploy to get attention, and find a way to blame something else other than being a real parent and actually taking part in your childs life :shrug:

Parents today are such a pathetic group of people. Blaming everyone else and everything else for their childs fuckups but themselves... sad really... If you can't look after your kids and be a part of their lives, why the fuck did you have them to begin with ?

Starkist
04-30-2002, 01:14 PM
'been' and 'you are' do not agree in tense.

Anyhow, it's not just the government. People more and more are divesting themselves of responsibility. They would rather blame a product than a person, or if that fails, blame somebody else. Cigarettes are bad for you, but it must be the tobacco company's fault. A man was murdered with a gun, but the trigger man must not be blamed, it's the gun company's fault for making a deadly product, or maybe the gun dealer's fault for selling it...

A person can murder their family, but society is loathe to blame them, they must find a scapegoat. Society, or at least the elitist media that says they represent society, believes that people are basically good. A murderer is still good, they just did a bad thing. Perhaps that's why they shudder when President Bush uses the word 'evil'. They cannot comprehend evil. They go as far as to blame America for al-queda blowing up our buildings. Reverse victimology, I'm sure it's taught at universities these days.