PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Game and Watch Instructions

vegeta1215
04-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone knows where I can find a copy of the Zelda Game and Watch instructions, scanned, so I can print them out. I know the game is easy enough, and you don't really need instructions, but I'd like to have a 'copy' of them.

I found a couple sites that were supposed to have them, but all the links were dead. I was hoping some one else may have better luck than me.

Thanks.

Warlock
04-29-2002, 11:48 PM
TSA might have them.. although he doesn't have a scanner I don't think :D

VEL
04-29-2002, 11:52 PM
These might be them. (http://zappa.brainiac.com/cdyer/instructions/zeldagw.html) I'm not sure if there the right ones though.

Mak-X
04-30-2002, 12:11 AM
I got that game watch along with Zelda 1 for Christmas, but the watch's batteries were dead, and I've never played the game...

Cloral
04-30-2002, 01:28 AM
I actually had that game long ago. As I recall, it was rather difficult to control.

The Silent Assassin
04-30-2002, 01:38 AM
VEL...you posted the Nelsonic Watch instructions...not the Game and Watch.

I do not have them online, nor know of where they are...but I will look.

Warlock
04-30-2002, 01:40 AM
Hehe, I wish I had the Zelda Game Watch (and the Game & Watch :D).. I do have the Super Mario World Game Watch tho, which is cool! It had the dolphins and everything :D

Edit: wow, wierd game.. I liked the G&W one with the Tomahawks :D haha.. I wish I could play that sometime..

But what's up w/ the kill order for the watch? You have to get specific weapons to kill the specific enemies, and look at the matchups:

-Iron Balls (wtf?) - Boomerang
-Bats (Keese god dammit!) - Sword
-Dragon (AQUAMENTUS YOU IDIOTS) - Bombs

Ok, since when was the Sword the ideal Keese killing weapon? Boomerang would have been a much better choice! I don't even friggin' know what an Iron Ball is, but if it's iron and a ball, it would prob. be hard to hit w/ a sword.. bombs sound more effective.. and of course, everyone knows you slay dragons with swords!! Using bombs on Aquamentus is for pussies :D

vegeta1215
04-30-2002, 11:06 AM
I never played the Zelda Watch Game. I might get one in the future. But this "Game and Watch" Zelda game is really fun. I can't put it down. My high score is 7030 so far (that's getting through the game once, and then getting like 6 more pieces of triforce). Once you get the hang of it you can get really far.

Yeah, the Tomahawk is awesome. The dragons at the end of the levels are so easy with it! The trick to beating the levels and getting to the dragon is keeping full hearts. That way you can shoot your sword and do double damage when you hit the goblin's directly.

VEL
04-30-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
VEL...you posted the Nelsonic Watch instructions...not the Game and Watch.

I do not have them online, nor know of where they are...but I will look.

I didn't think they were the right ones, but I posted them just in case. I found alot of sites that were supposed to have them, but they all had dead links.

The Silent Assassin
04-30-2002, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I SAW one awhile ago when I was searching for a chapter of the Zelda story about the Eight Dragons that stole the Triforce and threatened Hyrule.

I came upon the typed out manual to the Game and Watch Zelda. However, I am still sure there is a chapter in the Zelda story where Link is the King of Hyrule, and these 8 dragons invade as part of a curse when Zelda broke the Triforce of Wisdom. They were angry with the Hylian race for not following the old ways, and decided to lash out. Link, as valiant as ever, set off to stop the eight dragons, and killed all but 2. Supposedly Link was gravely wounded, but an archer (inspiration for Roam???) came and slayed the one dragon about to kill Link. Link is brought back to Zelda for nursing, and the archer goes after the Last dragon.

Link is nursed back to health, and joins the archer in their quest. When they finall catch the dragon, before they can slay it, it reveals two things:

The archer is Link's brother. If the dragon is slain, the Triforce of Wisdom dies with him.

I do NOT REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENS AFTER!!!! THAT IS WHY I MUST FIND IT!

I think Link slays it, thinking it is for the good of Hyrule that the Triforce be destroyed, but instead, an Oracle comes and tells Link that the eight piece of the Triforce reside within the hearts of the slain dragons, and he must reclaim them.

So he ventures...like...to get them...and returns to Hyrule. The Triforce of Wisdom is re-united...but like...upon doing so, it speaks saying that its powers are no more, and turns to dust. The Triforce of Power follows suit, and the Triforce of Courage does. Supposedly, when the Triforce of Courage crumbles...Link dies because he was tied to the Triforce. Same with Ganon. HOWEVER, ZELDA I THINK DIDN'T DIE BECAUSE SHE WASN'T REALLY TIED TO THE TRIFORCE, the Royal Family just guarded it. This also meant Ganon was probably destroyed...but we are not sure since we don't know if he was truly tied to the Triforce of Power, and he was destroyed earlier.

vegeta1215
04-30-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by VEL

I didn't think they were the right ones, but I posted them just in case. I found alot of sites that were supposed to have them, but they all had dead links.

Yep, that's what happened to me too. Dead links everywhere, darn the internet!

To TSA: Woah, is there really a semi-big story associated with the G&W Zelda? Awesome, I'm glad your in the hunt too. Let me know if you find anything.

The Silent Assassin
04-30-2002, 03:44 PM
No no no. That's not the Game and Watch story, it's part of the official Japanese storyline, after Zelda II.

vegeta1215
04-30-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
No no no. That's not the Game and Watch story, it's part of the official Japanese storyline, after Zelda II.

Oh ok. Well it still sounds cool :D I'd be eager to see that story too.