PDA

View Full Version : Boss Dungeon Flag + F6 Continue bug!!!!!

DarkFlameWolf
04-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Okay, you enter the boss room only to be confronted by hordes of Darknuts as a boss. (or some other enemy that comes in numbers more than 1) Simply kill one of those darknuts, press F6 and continue. Fight your way back to the boss room, voila, you kill one enemy, continue and the rest are dead too, leaving you a HC. My, that took the fun out of things didn't it? And the darknut room was marked: Dungeon Boss. Might want to fix that flag to account for ALL enemies on the screen and not just a single one.

Cronic
04-29-2002, 11:52 AM
I'd really like to see an addition to make it so you have to kill all the enemies myself... in many cases if you can't defeat a room of enemies (say you get half way thru them) when you re-enter they may not be there or even worse they may be there with the weakest enemies remaining when it was the harder ones you couldn't kill... any chance of refining the enemy system DN?

DarkFlameWolf
04-29-2002, 12:02 PM
yeah, so that the enemies that were left standing when you left/reentered the room (or died and came back) are the same ones that'll still be standing in there.

Dark Nation
04-29-2002, 12:07 PM
I guess it could be done with a quest rule. But as it stands now, it works the way the NES version did. So, if you put the weak enemies at the top of the enemy list and the strong ones at the bottom, killing the weak enemies will make only the weak ones show up if you leave then come back (however many weak enemies you killed will be the number of strong enemies that die, because Zelda only goes by how many died, not whiche ones, and it populates the screen from the top of the enemy list downward).

Cronic
04-29-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
I guess it could be done with a quest rule. But as it stands now, it works the way the NES version did. So, if you put the weak enemies at the top of the enemy list and the strong ones at the bottom, killing the weak enemies will make only the weak ones show up if you leave then come back (however many weak enemies you killed will be the number of strong enemies that die, because Zelda only goes by how many died, not whiche ones, and it populates the screen from the top of the enemy list downward).

Maybe you could set it up where you kill all the enemies and until you exit the temple they remain in a finite number. Much like say Diablo 2. They regen, but not while you are still there... It's a lot like the enemies always return rule only with order.

DarkFlameWolf
04-29-2002, 12:50 PM
also, might was well thrown in this bug:
You enter a dungeon whose Dmap has the 'Continue here.' option turned on. You save your game while in the dungeon and quit. You come back to it and restart the dungeon right? All cool....then for some reason, you hit F6 and select continue. You start in the upper left hand corner of the upper left hane screen of that map. Regardless if that is a already made dungeon screen or not. (the upper left hand screen of that map in Zquest.) So, might want to fix this.

AlphaDawg
04-29-2002, 04:34 PM
Doesn't the rule "Must Kill All Bosses" (around since 1.84 at least) make it so that you have to defeat every enemy in the boss room?

DarkFlameWolf
04-29-2002, 04:38 PM
well I had that rule checked, inserted a 3 child Digdogger. Whistled, split him apart, killed two of his parts, got killed by the third, restarted, and when coming back to the boss room, the Digdogger was gone. As if I had defeated the last part that killed me, when in actuality I didn't.

Cronic
04-29-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
well I had that rule checked, inserted a 3 child Digdogger. Whistled, split him apart, killed two of his parts, got killed by the third, restarted, and when coming back to the boss room, the Digdogger was gone. As if I had defeated the last part that killed me, when in actuality I didn't.

Maybe someone should test this out in the original ast quest to see if it does it there.