PDA

View Full Version : Cave Interior...

Praethus
04-28-2002, 10:35 PM
I need some interior tiles for caves. I prefer the LttP tiles but Orion's 2.2 set doesnt have them completed. I need something with doors, locked doors, shutters, and bomb doors, so I can make a dungeon with them. Thanks.

Cronic
04-28-2002, 10:41 PM
Take the R2 tiles, and make your own doors. It's pretty easy actually. take normal shutter doors, and edit out all but the door itself. (like ya know the color with the x in it that shows invisible for sprites) and then copy the tile, and hit "o" to overlay the tile over the cave wall tiles. I'd get them for you but I havenm't gooten arounf to em yet.

Menokh
04-28-2002, 11:05 PM
PM Cloral. He has a nice set of cave tiles being used for his group quest. I would give them to you, but I don't know if Cloral would like that. So ask him for them.

C-Dawg
04-29-2002, 12:00 AM
Or finish the cave tiles yerself, ya lazy bum. ;)

Seriously, the only tiles Orion is missing (that I know of) are obtuse angle corner tiles. And these are easy as shit to make - just take a normal horizontal wall tile, delete one half of the tile (on a diagonal from the top left to the bottom right- delete everything BELOW and to the LEFT of the diagonal). Then copy this new tile once, Horizontal flip and normalize the copy, Rotate the copy twice, and Overlay the copy back on the original wall tile. Viola.

-C

Praethus
04-29-2002, 08:35 AM
Actually, he is missing the left and right locked doors as well, but I never knew of the overlay trick. Thanks for the help guys.