PDA

View Full Version : More FFX stuff

Warlock
04-28-2002, 09:35 PM
I am in that desert area now.. argg.. first time I got a friggin' Game over and it pissed me off.. there wasn't much I could do about it. I was fighting one of those sandworm-like creatures (not the Sand Worms, but hte ones in the whirlpools.. something dragons.. sanddragons? I don't remember).. The bastard kept using Confuse on my guys, and they kept killing themselves!!! Without Yuna to Esuna them I was in trouble.. but the guy himself wasn't THAT hard, so I figured I'd be fine, just keep revivin' and waiting for them to get attacked or whatever.. well, it eventually came down to the bastard killing two of them with only Lulu left, which OF COURSE, he freaking confused! So I had no control!! Actually, that was the problem to begin with.. see, she had a Deathtouch Cait Sith weapon, which when she was confused, killed one of my guys instantly!! the other one killed himself.. bastard.. so then Lulu was confused and either she attacked herself or the sandworm thingy attacked her and she had really low life.. I don't remember.. pissed me off tho! argg.. so I had to backtrack.. it sucked.. I had some cool stuff from after I saved. Karimi (or whatever his name is) had friggin' Curaga! BEFORE YUNA! haha.. it was funny.. I just happened to be in that area and used a lvl. 1 (I think) key sphere to get him over there.. so he went and got it! Tidus was almost at Yuna's normal cure magic (lvl. 2 key sphere, but I wanted to pick up one of his own skills first before I diverged), so of course, three healers would be nice :D Rikku had Mug.. Lulu was almost at her level 3 magic (just coming close to getting Demi, then the level 3 spells were right next to that).. etc etc.. argg.. plus just lots of good stuff I stole off guys that I lost.. damn.. *sigh*.. so now I gotta do it again.. I replayed a little and got Mug again.. one sphere away from Curaga.. it's just the principal tho I guess :D *sigh*.. Now I have to beat both of those things (one which had a treasure chest in it I beat before already, the one that killed me was completely blocking my path)

I also found out I missed an Al Bhed Primer somewhere in Guedo (or whatever).. curses!! I finally figure out that they ARE in the key items list, I just needed to scroll down, and I find out I missed one.. damn.. I blame Playonline, they didn't say where it was :D

Anyways, suppose I will go back to playing :D Need to make up lost time.. maybe I will go fight some sandworms.. those are fun to kill.. they barely do anything (so long as I use Silence Attack on them... I have never been Earthquaked :D) except eat one of my guys, and then they don't even hurt him! It just leaves me with two guys for a short time is all.. hehe.. Plus you can steal some wierd stuff off them.. shadow gems or somtin'

P.S. - Anyone notice that www.playonline.com doesn't work anymore? The site is still there if I go to www.squaresoft.com/playonline/ tho, it's wierd..

Mak-X
04-28-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
P.S. - Anyone notice that www.playonline.com doesn't work anymore? The site is still there if I go to www.squaresoft.com/playonline/ tho, it's wierd..

Playonline.com takes me to the Playonline main page.

The USA site is located on www.squaresoft.com/playonline while the Japan site is on www.playonline.com

The Silent Assassin
04-29-2002, 12:48 AM
Ah, guadosalam. You can pretty much decipher the Al Bhed language after you learn like 10 of the letters.

Hermit
04-29-2002, 12:58 AM
Did you have fun doing the butterfly mini-game ? :laughing: I hated that shit, took me like two days before I completed both butterfly screens.

Good luck with the silly Cactuar mini-quest as well lol

Those worms reminded me of the Graboids in the Tremors movies... only the ones in the game are all drooly and snotty :eyebrow:

The Silent Assassin
04-29-2002, 01:07 AM
Stupid butterfly game. Inspired me to create an ultimate weapon for Khilmari rather than get the butterflies...but I did, in the end, get the damn thing.

Warlock
04-29-2002, 01:16 AM
lol, was there a point to the butterfly thing? I got kinda crappy items..

And what is up w/ the Cactaur/Qactaur stones? I activated a couple on the Thunder Plains but they didn't seem to do anything except unleash Qactaur all over the place.. was I supposed to do something or do I have to come back?

Which reminds me.. Cactaur are evil in this game! 10,000 needles??!?!? That is insane! And Kimahri can't even friggin' blue magic the thing! What kind of FF game doesn't let you blue magic 1000 needles (let alone 10,000!)?? Or those big bird things.. Zhue, Zhul? I don't remember their names, but you used to be able to blue magic them all the time in the other games..

*sigh*.. there aren't as many cool blue magic spells.. I liked blue magic.. plus he has to friggin' overdrive to use them, although it's not THAT hard to overdrive (esp. since you can set it to just about anything under the sun).. but where the heck is White Wind??? I want that.. that was one of my favorite Blue Magics.. it was awesome! The best party cure spell around.. it would cure everyone for like 300, which was pretty good (or more, I forget). Ooh.. I looked it up, he does get that.. yippee.. I just don't have it yet.. and Might Guard! THat one rocks too! Otherwise a rather shanty selection.. I always thought Aqua Breath should be called Aqua Lung again :D haha.. I thought that was a funny name :D

mike5000
04-30-2002, 05:16 PM
About those damn catar stones.... All the Strat guides I red says there are only 2 of em' but iv seen like 5 and half of them WONT turn on!!!!! can anybody telll me why

Also if you try to cheat with god mode when you fight Biron and whatever Ronso THEY HAVE GOD MODE.. does anybody know the answer to that one?

Daarkseid
04-30-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by mike5000
Also if you try to cheat with god mode when you fight Biron and whatever Ronso THEY HAVE GOD MODE.. does anybody know the answer to that one?

Yeah, don't be a cheater.

Hermit
04-30-2002, 06:14 PM
If I recall correctly... the butterfly game is supposed to give you an item that you need to upgrade/unlock someones ultimate weapon with.

Once you unlock all the Cactuar stones (praying in front of them), you will recieve Kimari's Ultimate weapon... Lightning Lance or something.

In my earlier post... I was referring to the Cactuar mini-quest in the desert though, not the praying stones ;)