PDA

View Full Version : The Unification Series...

Nick
04-28-2002, 02:44 PM
I have come to realize I might never finish Unification 2. If I do, it will no longer be the quest people currently know it as because I'd be redoing all of it. The title and main theme of it would change completely. It would have a different overworld and many,many new dungeons. The tileset would become a mix of whatever I choose.

In other words, Unification 2 is now in the closet until the quest contest is over.

Chaotic Seasons was a nice little project I would have done with Teilyr, but since I haven't seen him around lately (and he seems to not be interested in ZC anymore), I don't think it will even be started again.

What does this have to do with the Unification series? Simple, this is what would have been Unification 3 (the final installment of the series).

Chaotic Seasons is currently filed in that place I never will look back at until Unification 2 is finished (if it is finished).

Unification SE: I had a good start on it by adding in some Gleeok 2's to Level 8 and fixing up Link's flipper tiles. I also had changed the graphics to a hybrid of R2 and BS. Lost interest in it a long time ago though. It's dead.

I'm sorry to those who beta tested U2 and I was sure it was coming back... but it might not. :(

Also, for those who have the latest unpassworded beta, don't try to finish the quest yourself! If I don't finish it, I'd prefer that it die unless I say otherwise.

Kairyu
04-28-2002, 02:49 PM
.... Am I missing something here?

Nick
04-28-2002, 02:51 PM
Days of Eternity is taking up all of my quest making time and I've simply lost interest in the series. I don't think it would be worth it to finish it now. I might resume work once the contest is over, but for now, consider all of my projects except Days of Eternity canceled.

Emaleth of Donn
04-28-2002, 02:53 PM
Understand totally :-) I'm sure I'll still be around in case you ever decide to bring Uni2 back to life!

Will be happy as punch with DOE until then as you are doing a terrific job!

MountainDrew023
04-28-2002, 03:24 PM
Dang I liked U2

Nick
04-28-2002, 06:26 PM
If I do continue Unification 2 after I finish my contest entry (I know for certain it will be finished before the contest's end), it will probably use a variety of different tiles. Maybe a mix of several tilesets...

Right now, the overworld may become LTTP with Sludge's mini tiles:

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.angelfire.com/games4/nick41472/newfirst/lttp_overworld.gif

I threw this together fast so it looks odd. I'll be making it neater when I go through and actually do this.

I may also just start making my own set which is a combination of several different things (I'd need help though). Right now though, it will be a mixture of existing tilesets.

Edit: I may end up using some mountains from someone else instead to make it still look sort of like U2. :)

Raichu86
04-28-2002, 09:57 PM
U2 looked really cool. :( I hope you find the will to continue it.

Nick
04-29-2002, 04:24 PM
Maybe I should just change U2 to "paused" in my signature instead of canceled. It's not exactly quiting time for it yet. It will just be left in the dark until Days of Eternity is finished.

(If this turns out to be a double post, it is because my connection died when I pressed Submit reply)

VGWarrior
04-29-2002, 07:51 PM
No double posting that I see.

Don't give up on the U series.

Nick
05-02-2002, 10:27 PM
I've decided to finish U2 after I get my contest entry out of the way.

Unification 2 will be changed around completely.

It has changed the type of tiles it uses (different from the screenshot), but it will still be in a Lttp palatte. The new storyline has been planned and it will still link to the first game of the series.

Basically...

Everything about the settlers entering will stay the same and they will still have a princess to guide them, but the princess is killed this time around (where as before she was actually the evil mastermind behind the quest).

A mysterious new enemy also starts a secret operation called "Project Dragon Dust" (Working title. A spin off from something I watched a few nights ago on TV.) This project will be revealed as you play through the game and you will eventually find out who the mastermind behind it is.

The working title is "Unification 2: Dusty Memories" (also a spinoff of the same thing).

Edit: Wow! I have so many people who care out there! They post like crazy to keep me working on a quest, but when I announce that the series isn't going to be canceled, everyone runs off. Maybe I should really "cancel" it just to see the reaction. :evil:

K-Teclis
05-04-2002, 05:19 AM
Well.. if you don't want to continue a quest, cancel it!
I thought of canceling The Show lately... But I don't know!

Nick
05-04-2002, 09:15 AM
I'm going to continue it, but I've got to work on my contest quest right now.

Once again, I was stressed yesterday and thinking things that were not true. I'm not going to cancel it for fun or anything.