PDA

View Full Version : single player vs. multiplayer

Paradox
04-28-2002, 02:23 PM
which, in your opinion, is better, single player or multiplayer? single player is fun since you can just play the game and try to beat it, but multiplayer is good too because you can play with other people (but the can cheat sometimes so it can get dumb). what do you think is better?

Dragon Omega
04-28-2002, 02:26 PM
Well it depends on the conditions of the game.:mischief:

MegaMan3000
04-28-2002, 02:56 PM
It all depends on the game

Hermit
04-28-2002, 03:15 PM
Most games are designed for either single player or multi player. So I guess it just depends on what kinds of games you like playing :shrug:

I think the only RPG that's has ever been fun as a multi player game, for me, is Secret of Mana ;)

Daarkseid
04-28-2002, 05:05 PM
I voted Single Player. If a game was meant to be played multi-player exclusively, I probably won't bother. I don't enjoy playing against other people much. Co-operative play, however, can be quite fun at times, like with Secret of Mana. Also, MMORPGs have a certain allure in that you can share spoils, or even fight over them, although I've personally never played much of any MMORPG save for maybe Diablo(very old game). I hope to be able to eventually with FFXI.

Otherwise though, FPS' don't interest much enough to want to play them with other people online. I just enjoy them mainly for the single player scenario.

Dark Jim
04-28-2002, 08:25 PM
I rather play single player games, mostly RPGs.

Drunken Tiger
04-29-2002, 03:54 AM
The more the merryier(sp)!!!:D

I like multiplayer games.. But i all depends on the game..

Brasel
04-29-2002, 04:08 AM
I don't like sharing video games with other people! MINE!!! ALL MINE!!!

single player for me

Warlock
04-29-2002, 12:22 PM
I'm a single player guy, unless of course I can find friends to play against. That is fun.. but otherwise it seems like there are just too many assholes around in general to make multiplayer any fun. As an example:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/idiots.php3

There are just too many idiots like that around.. I think console multiplayer (with actual controllers, not internet) is the best.. I believe someone once said the great thing about it is that once you kill the other guy you can laugh and rub it in his face :D That's awesome :D

Anyways, I like single player the most tho, like I said. Single Player usually has better storylines and stuff.. Like single player SC vs. multiplayer SC.. I like the SP better.. it uses fancy triggers and whatnot and has a flowing story..