PDA

View Full Version : AI Project

JayeM
04-28-2002, 11:52 AM
How did your artificial intelligence project go, DN?

Dark Nation
04-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Didn't get finished in time. While I got the skeleton framework done (I create an ant class and a scripting language for them), I didn't finish the program mating and mutation code. Plus, I had to write 2 reports (one about my project and one about some stuff I had looked up regarding the field of study my project was about).

Since this thing only counted for 5% of my final grade, I didn't consider it to be worth the trouble.

Pity, though. I had a nice program going there. It started out with 100 ants and they all ran out of the anthill, looking for food. If an ant saw food, it would change from black to gray and go straight for the food. If it picked up the food, it would turn blue and go back to the anthill and leave it there. It was fun to watch them. I even had it where I could show their field of view (which was adjustable), kind of like the field of view display in Metal Gear Solid for the enemies.

Jigglysaint
04-28-2002, 05:31 PM
No offence, but what's this have to do with ZC betas unless you were going to work on some new enemies that requires new scripts?

JayeM
04-28-2002, 05:45 PM
::sigh:: Nothing at all, Jiggly, I'm just interested and I thought the rest of us would be too.

Sorry, DN, it sounds like it would've been a cool program.

Cronic
04-28-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
No offence, but what's this have to do with ZC betas unless you were going to work on some new enemies that requires new scripts?

I'm normally a nazi when it comes to these topics, but I rather enjoyed reading what the project was... especially when he mentioned Metal Gear Solid =)

So in short it's cool.

Jigglysaint
04-28-2002, 06:30 PM
Meh, whatever smokes your dope, Cronic.:grad:

Cloral
04-28-2002, 07:56 PM
Something like this could be very useful for ZC if an enemy editor ever gets produced. You could set up behavior parameters and watch 'em go!

Dark Nation
04-28-2002, 08:51 PM
Anyone want to see this program? I could upload it somewhere and let you take a look at it if you want. *shrug*

JayeM
04-28-2002, 09:00 PM
Sure, I'd like to see it! :kawaii:

Cronic
04-28-2002, 09:32 PM
Sure man hook it up ;)

Although I can't help but ask if any of this A.I. work youre doing could ever find it's way into ZC myself... Like maybe homing enemies and such like with the palace gaurds in Z3 ya know how they would patrol "see" then charge etc.

Cloral
04-29-2002, 01:52 AM
Sounds like a Non-deterministic Finite Automata if you ask me. :)