PDA

View Full Version : What is "flaming"?

Mak-X
04-28-2002, 01:24 AM
What is "flaming"?

Mander
04-28-2002, 01:28 AM
To me flaming is when you directly insult a person by name as in "Mander07 you are a bitch." Now while that is true it is also a flame.

Rijuhn
04-28-2002, 01:35 AM
I'm using you as an example okay, to show you what I think is flaming. "Mak, you're a faggot. You're such a fucking idiot, how could you say such a dumb thing like that? It was made in 1986, you assfag. You need to be ass raped or something." That is what I can flaming. It gets no point across, except that the person is angry, or is stupid.

Mitsukara
04-28-2002, 01:38 AM
A 'Flame' is (supposedly) what the admins feel to be a true Attack/Insult against someone... supposedly. It's been widely discussed and argued over what is and isn't a flame in the time that AGN has existed, especially in late 2000. The verdict of War Lord was the above definition. However, this may not still hold true, and we may be left once again to decide who will judge what is/isn't flaming, how it will be judged, and what will be done about it. [/constepated] [/soap box] [/wannabe intellectual] [/speech]

Breaker
04-28-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
I'm using you as an example okay, to show you what I think is flaming. "Mak, you're a faggot. You're such a fucking idiot, how could you say such a dumb thing like that? It was made in 1986, you assfag. You need to be ass raped or something." That is what I can flaming. It gets no point across, except that the person is angry, or is stupid.

Alright, you're banned for flaming! ;)

inori
04-28-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Breaker
Alright, you're banned for flaming! ;)

I thought the [commiebastard] mode was reserved for Glenn (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55002). :kawaii: