PDA

View Full Version : Cancer...

zeldafreak
04-27-2002, 10:47 PM
I am 14 now, but when I was 6 I was diagnosed with Lukimia. I have been in remision for 5 years now... ... ... Anybody else have cancer?

My story is as follows:

I had pains all in my body. I was dianosed wrongly with a young stage of arthritis. Well, I went through about 5 doctors to get that wrong diagnosis. I was even told that I was faking it by one of them! Anyways, I then met a doctor who sent me to childrens hospital in Chicago. I was diagnosed with Brackets, Lukimia. I had a tumor everywhere exept my fingers... ... ... I was so sick, I was not even able to see straight. About a week later, I woke up with a concious mind. But, I still had a year to go... Well, I now am 14 in 8th grade and very, very healthy.

I want to see if anybody else has gone through these kinds of things...

Jemsee
04-27-2002, 10:56 PM
No, not personaly.
I have had relitives die of it though.
My wife had two lumps taken out of her left brest last fall.
I'm glad you are healthy, it's worth more than anything.

zeldafreak
04-27-2002, 10:59 PM
God bless your family, and you...
I hope your wife is doing well, because cancer is not fun...

Hermit
04-27-2002, 11:09 PM
I'm associated with Cancer, but not the kind you are referring to ;)

My birthday is July 18th that's all :)

Jigglysaint
04-28-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Hermit
I'm associated with Cancer, but not the kind you are referring to ;)

My birthday is July 18th that's all :)

Hahahahaha!

Really, my grandmother died of complications from Brest Cancer. She had it for quite a while. Boy was she a fighter!

Besides that, I have not nad much experence with Cancer. Of course once, one of the librarians at my school died of cancer. Everybody liked her and every day asked if she would be back. Well, we were all sad when we found out she passed away from it. I imagine it was Brest Cancer.

Also, I live with 3 smokers, so I'm sure that Lung Cancer will be a big part of my vocabularity very soon.

Rijuhn
04-28-2002, 12:22 AM
My family and I had to put my dog to sleep because she had lymphatic cancer. My aunt had breast cancer, and thank God she's fine. Bless you ZF, I'm glad that you're doing a lot better these days.

Daarkseid
04-28-2002, 12:28 AM
Well, I have serious health problems of my own, but thank god they're not Cancer.

My grandmother died very recently from Cancer though... she did not look good at all just before she died. The kinds of things that disorder can do to a person... I'd be horrified if I learned I had some kind of Cancer.

AtmaWeapon
04-28-2002, 12:28 AM
My uncle got throat cancer. He had to have a laryngectomy, and a breathing hole had to be placed in his throat. No solid food for the rest of his life. The chemo ravaged his throat so much, that when a surgeon attempted to reconstruct his esophagus out of intestinal tissue, his catorid artery cracked because the chemo made it weak. The surgeon had to plug up the hole with his finger and spent the entire time of the procedure repairing the damage instead of rebuilding an esophagus. My uncle is 45, 5'11", and weighs 75 pounds.

My dad quit smoking when my uncle got cancer, but he has recently started again. I'm sure he'll want pity from me when he gets it too, but I have no pity on those who smoke, then get cancer. My pity only goes to people like the man who owned the barber shop I go to. He never smoked in his life, but the second-hand smoke from his customers gave him lung cancer and he died from it. I'm probably going to end up with problems from all the smoke I've been around from my dad. It's bad enough I'm asthmatic; I think lung cancer would kill me quickly.

MetaStaiford
04-28-2002, 12:48 AM
Actually, i've heard of a lot of my friends having to put their pets to sleep, watching their family members die, and all that really evil stuff....

not pretty, rather disgusting actually. I look forward to the day when tobacco/pleasure-drug companies suffer the same fate as my friends, and their friends.

also, i heard the seed of an apricot having a certain vitamin in it that can protect people from cancer.... i wonder, is this true?

Beldaran
04-28-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by MetaStaiford
Actually, i've heard of a lot of my friends having to put their pets to sleep, watching their family members die, and all that really evil stuff....

not pretty, rather disgusting actually. I look forward to the day when tobacco/pleasure-drug companies suffer the same fate as my friends, and their friends.

also, i heard the seed of an apricot having a certain vitamin in it that can protect people from cancer.... i wonder, is this true?

[mumbling, with mouth full of apricot seeds]

mmmfff hope so :)

Mitsukara
04-28-2002, 02:54 AM
Not directly, but i have my reasons for wanting to make this new plague suffer...
Um... cancer isn't new, is it? I thought that some forms of it have existed for centuries..

Menokh
04-28-2002, 03:00 AM
I don't have cancer but I've had experiences with it.
-My 4th grade teacher had leukemia.
-My gandmother on my mom's side died of colon cancer which had spread.
-My only surviving grandfather might have lung cancer
-I've lost 4 cats in the last year and a half to Feline Lukemia.

Dragon Omega
04-28-2002, 11:37 AM
I just had a cousin die from cancer this week. I can't remember what kind though...:mischief:

Rainman
04-28-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Jennifer

Um... cancer isn't new, is it? I thought that some forms of it have existed for centuries..

I agree, it's anything but new. Cancer is a natural disease. It occurs when a genetic mutation in a cell's DNA makes it so the cells growth and division is uninhibitted. Genetic mutation in you occur all the time. (they are the reason that you age) So yea, it been going on for quite a long time.

As for the question, I haven't had cancer, but my grandpa died of it. He was 87 years old at the time so he lead a long and good life. He died of lung cancer BTW. I'm not sure if he smoked though. (You don't have to smoke to get lung cancer.)

Well, supposedly 1/3 people will get it in there life so many of you will most likely get it . You don't always die though.

Menokh
04-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Rainman

Well, supposedly 1/3 people will get it in there life so many of you will most likely get it . You don't always die though.

True, seeing as the most common kind of cancer is skin cancer...

Goat
04-28-2002, 11:58 AM
My uncle died of Liver cancer. My grampa died of liver cancer. My mom, grama, aunt, and great grama all had cancer of their women parts. And the way I smoke everyone says I'll be dead of lung cancer by the time I'm 30, this totally messes up my plans of a career and lots of kids.