PDA

View Full Version : Oh, what a lousy week to be a Philly sports fan...

SiliconHero
04-27-2002, 11:17 AM
Philadelphia sports teams seem to be falling on hard times lately. The Phucked-up Phillies have lost three games in a row...the Flyers were bounced from the playoffs after losing four straight...the 76ers are down two games to nil against Boston...and the Eagles lose Correll Buckhalter for the season... *long sigh*

AlphaDawg
04-27-2002, 12:16 PM
I was just about to make the same post... I agree completely.

Perhaps two or three of you noticed I was trying to keep a running tally of how all the Philly sports teams were doing in my signature. I gave up on it the other day, it just became too depressing.

The Flyers choke yet again in the first round, the Sillies' bullpen is killing them, everybody including the mascot is making three-pointers against the Sixers, and the Eagles #1 running back is done before the season starts. :angry:

Oh well, at least the Buckhalter injury happened early enough for the Eagles to rent a decent running back before training camp starts.

(heads over to espn.com to see who might be available)

Looks like Dorsey Levens is going to visit Monday, and Ricky "Running" Watters is also available. Not too shabby.

Zaphod Q. IX
04-27-2002, 01:56 PM
Could be worse...you could live in Cincinnati. The Bungles haven't had a winning season in over 10 years, and the Reds are a perrenial joke. And every year these fools run around proclaiming "This year the Reds are gonna go to the series...", or "This year the Bungles are finally gonna turn it around..."
*sigh*

The Silent Assassin
04-27-2002, 02:25 PM
Dallas -

The Stars sucked this year.
The Rangers still suck.
The Cowboys still suck.

BUT AH!

The Mavericks are dominating. They'll meet up with LA in the Western Finals...if they win, they'll win it all. If not, next year they'll win it all.

VicViper
04-27-2002, 03:10 PM
Indy-

No Major League Baseball team.
No National Hockey League team.
Pacers are about to lose in the first round again.
Colts had a crappy season last year.

At least we don't have a MLB or a NHL team that's losing. But hey, at least things are looking up for the Colts, with Dungy at the helm.