PDA

View Full Version : Important- GameCube/XBox LineUp

UnholyFreak
04-27-2002, 06:42 AM
Below, Line Up For GameCube And Xbox, Which Will You Choose?

The debate of Xbox and GameCube rages on! So which is a better system? Technically they each have their ups and downs. The most confusing thing is the processor speed. Xbox has a CISC structure while GameCube has a RISC structure. A RISC structure is actually faster than a CISC structure, making the GameCube as powerful as the Xbox. Xbox has an Intel Pen. 3 processor while GameCube has an IBM chip. They each have four controller ports allowing four players to play a game. They both also have a way to connect to a network. The Xbox has a DVD rom allowing you view DVDs. A separate remote is required to use this feature. The GameCube does not have this feature. But an GameCube created by Panasonic will. It will sell for $285, and will come out in spring of 2002. The Xbox also has a 10mb hard drive. The GameCube does not have this feature. But, the GameCube has memory cards up to the 128mb level. The Xbox only has a 8mb memory card. I personally think the GameCube and the Xbox are both excellent systems. I suggest you wait and see which system is right for you!

Detailed Specs of Xbox and GameCube
Xbox Nintendo Gamecube
CPU 733 MHzIntel 405 MHz
Graphics Processor 250 MHz custom-designed X-Chip, developed by Microsoft and NVIDIA 202.5MHz ATI Chip
Total Memory 64 MB43 MB
Memory Bandwidth 6.4 GB/sec 3.2 GB/sec
Sustained Polygon Performance (full features) 100+ M/sec in a frozen image 6-12 M/sec during actual game play
Simultaneous Textures 4 8
Compressed Textures Yes (6:1) Yes (6:1)
Storage Medium 2-5x DVD, 10 GB hard disk, 8 MB memory card CAV Optical Disc, ½ MB memory card from Nintendo. SD card soon to be 128 MB
I/O 2-5x DVD
10GB hard disk
8MB memory card 1.5GB Optical Disc
1/2 MB memory card, soon to be 64MB
Audio Channels 256 64
3D Audio Support Yes Yes
MIDI DLS2 Support Yes No
AC3 Encoded game audio Yes No
Broadband Enabled Yes Both a broadband adapter and a 56k modem is available, but sold separately.
Modem Enabled No Yes, 56K (separate purchase)
DVD Movie Playback Remote control package required. No, but another GameCube that play DVDs is in the works.
Game pad included Yes Yes
HDTV Support Yes Yes
Controller Ports 4 4

If You Have Trouble Reading ThisClick Here (http://www.chothia.net/bhc/Xbox&GCreview.htm)

Drunken Tiger
04-27-2002, 06:52 AM
I prefer option No 3.... The Playstation 2!!:D

All the other options are NOTHING compared to the PS2!!

King Link
04-27-2002, 09:44 AM
Not true, graphically, GameCube is better than PS2. True, XBox is better than either, but GameCube has the classics, great graphics, very comfortable controllers, small discs. GameCube, I say.

Daarkseid
04-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by King Link
Not true, graphically, GameCube is better than PS2. True, XBox is better than either, but GameCube has the classics, great graphics, very comfortable controllers, small discs. GameCube, I say.

Oh ho! Can the GC physically play any/all of the games from the previous Nintendo system? No, it can't. I don't see why people say the GC has the classics when it really doesn't. It just has access to Nintendo's licenses, which doesn't necesarily mean classics. The GC might get a Zelda compilation(classics), but thats speculation.

Toolie
04-27-2002, 12:07 PM
The X-BOX has closer to an 10 GIGABYTE harddrive, not a 10 megabyte...

Mak-X
04-27-2002, 12:38 PM
Can't...read...unformatted text...

Playstation 2 has a 8MB memory card, and I would assume Xbox has the same.
Nintendo Gamecube has much less, with a 2MB memory card coming this summer.

The "Q" that plays DVDs and other formats isn't suppose to be released outside of Japan last I checked, and retails for about $330 in U.S. dollars. $400 for an import.

Xbox is suppose to be the most powerful system compared to GCN and PS2, but all 3 are powerful enough.

It's the games that matter for a video game system for me. I would never choose based on a system's specs, mainly because I don't have to. That would be like buying a PC based on how powerful it is, but games on consoles are made specifically for the console, so there is no compatibility issue with the games.

Dracula
04-27-2002, 12:55 PM
OH, COME ON!!! One person can't live on ONE console. That's why I think if you have a GCN and a PS2, Xbox is worthless. I like GCN and PS2 the same.

rinaku
04-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Game Cube! How dare any of you say anything else BUT thoses sacred words put together. GC Has the best graphics, and it doesnt rely on 3rd party games. True, 3rd party games are what make it even better, like rare, but there you are...
Oh BTW, this is my opipinion, so there!

J.J. Maxx
04-27-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by King Link
...GameCube has very comfortable controllers...

http://www.darkpanther.com/smilies/eek.gif

Mak-X
04-27-2002, 01:14 PM
Gamecube does have very comfortable controllers. They're awesome. It's like NES->SNES controller style. :p

The Gamecube controller is great for Super Smash Bros. Melee, Wave Race, and especially Rogue Leader. The controller button scheme just fits that game.

However, the PS2 controller is probably the best for its standard or generic button layout that's suitable for every game.

Originally posted by rinaku
Game Cube! How dare any of you say anything else BUT thoses sacred words put together. GC doesnt rely on 3rd party games. True, 3rd party games are what make it even better, like rare, but there you are...

Lack of 3rd party support was one of the downfalls of N64. Its been better for GCN now than N64, but its still not as great as PS2, probably won't be. Nintendo's games are all usually the cream of the crop in quality, but without good 3rd party support, there isn't as much to play or choose from, just like the N64 days.

zeldafreak
04-27-2002, 01:22 PM
I highly think that the level of the XBox is not determined yet. They seem to be dropping, but not. It's odd, but I have a strange feeling that XBox is still waiting to release a full blast of what they are made of. What do you all think?

mrz84
04-27-2002, 01:49 PM
well i think its a pile of x-crap. anyway, i think the PS2 and GC are better than x-crap because they share some 3rd part games between them while just like MS itself, the x-crap takes as many 3rd party games as possible and makes em x-crap exclusives. DAMN YOU GATES! DAMN YOU, DAMN THE X-CRAP, AND DAMN YOU ALL(those in who work for MS anyway)! :kawaii: i feel better now. :kawaii:

Dark Dude
04-27-2002, 03:30 PM
Graphics really have no meaning to me. I don't see how someone can say that they'd rather have a system based on gfx. I spend most of my time in the basement playing my 8-bit nintendo. And I ONLY play nintendo. I have played other systems, though, just to see what I'm missing out on, and quite frankly, I don't think I'm really missing out on anything good. I like nintendo's style of games. I play video games to get away from reality, I don't want to play a realistic game like most psx games. I want to jump on clouds and floating platforms. I want creatures to just disappear when they're dead! No need for superflous blood splatter! Besides, if I'm in the mood for a realistic game, I just play Perfect Dark or Goldeneye.

christiankhs
04-27-2002, 04:04 PM
games are the imprtant thing... and NGC are better

but also do you saw before.. i dont remember when . ... a photos of a snowboarding game from x -box .. that they were edited and come to be better ?? it was a fraud .

i wonder if the 20000....... poligons per second and whatever information is totally true .

this should be a poll? ....:eyebrow:

Daarkseid
04-27-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by rinaku
Game Cube! How dare any of you say anything else BUT thoses sacred words put together. GC Has the best graphics, and it doesnt rely on 3rd party games. True, 3rd party games are what make it even better, like rare, but there you are...
Oh BTW, this is my opipinion, so there!

Rare isn't even a 3rd party developer, they're a 2nd party. The N64 had, in my mind really crappy 3rd party support, and 1st/2nd party games I didn't enjoy, hence when it comes to systems that rely on 1st/2nd party developers, I get worried about that system, especially if I up went and bought it less than a year after its release. Incidently, the only game on the N64 I own and still play(because I really enjoyed it) was a 3rd party game.

Elemental Knight
04-27-2002, 11:08 PM
Option Four: SNES and Game Boy combo. They've 0wn3d j00 for years, so why stop now?