PDA

View Full Version : Which features should we keep?

texasdex
04-26-2002, 10:49 PM
Some of these features do not work perfectly, and most of them were not made to be a permanent addition (esp. the no combo page feature)

Which ones should be included?

DarkFlameWolf
04-27-2002, 01:38 AM
I personally don't like the new combo page feature, so I'm going with Translucency.

texasdex
04-27-2002, 09:56 AM
You can pick more than one, DFW. It's not a choice between options, it's a choice as to whether you agree with each option individually.

DarkFlameWolf
04-27-2002, 01:07 PM
well....its not letting me vote more than once....

Dark Jim
04-27-2002, 07:05 PM
No combo page is what definitely needs to stay. Windows version will stay anyway.

Jigglysaint
04-27-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
well....its not letting me vote more than once....

The square boxes can be checked individually. You can't vote more than once, but you can pick more than one option on one "vote" making you able to vote more than once.:confuse2:

VEL
04-27-2002, 11:02 PM
I definetly want translucency and no combo pages. No combo pages is going to make it alot easier to work on my quests.

Warlock
04-27-2002, 11:58 PM
Yeah, translucency might have some asthetic problems right now, but you can still do some semi-decent stuff with it. Obviously once the colors are jacked up to 16/32 bit (whatever one) it will look much nicer :D

DarkFlameWolf
04-28-2002, 01:49 AM
I guess I screwed up, my one vote it gone. But oh well, all 6 of my votes would have gone to Translucency.

texasdex
04-28-2002, 05:46 PM
I'm quite surprised that out of 12 people only 8 (okay, 9 counting DFW, who doesn't know how to vote... I wonder if he's from Florida:) ) wanted a Windows version to be one of the final features.

Daarkseid
04-28-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
I guess I screwed up, my one vote it gone. But oh well, all 6 of my votes would have gone to Translucency.

Actually, the way this poll is set up, you can only vote ONCE, but you can vote ONCE for more than one option. I clicked the No combo page feature, the Translucency(256 color), the lamp, and windows version, then I clicked the vote button.

Of those features, besides windows, the No Combo Page feature needs to stay. When I first heard of such a feature being implemented a year ago, I hated the idea because of the same reasons DWF probably hates it, but since the beta has come out, I've been able to restructure the combos I have and redo my overworld map with it, and now I'm definitely seeing the advantages of not being restricted to 256 pages. Its, overall, much easier to work with, especially with the layers.