PDA

View Full Version : That Captain N Comic!

The Silent Assassin
04-26-2002, 07:56 PM
http://members.aol.com/miky37/captainn5.jpg

Warlock
04-26-2002, 08:04 PM
?? what's up w/ Kevin?

Mak-X
04-26-2002, 08:05 PM
What the hell did they do to Kevin? I'm guessing that's Samus without her armor. Must be the cover art artist's conceptions of the characters. Kevin looks like he's from some future alternate dimension where things went bad. Kinda like Matrix.

www.captainn.net has comic scans.

Tygore
04-26-2002, 08:12 PM
I think he looks like snake... I also think that's what TSA was gettin at...

The Silent Assassin
04-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Remember when I said in my Hyrule Chronicles Captain N was "kiddy" compared to the Comic version of Kevin? This was what I was referring to.

vegeta1215
04-26-2002, 10:38 PM
Captain N is only like that on that cover. He's very kiddie looking, and similarly drawn like the other Nintendo comics on the inside of the book. I don't have that issue, but I have issue #3 of Captain N.

I really like that cover, and it's too bad the whole series isn't like that. But, I like how it's drawn kiddie-like anyways. Looks more like the cartoon that way.

Mak-X
04-26-2002, 10:39 PM
I thought you were talking about Link with a beard and a older look.

Captain N didn't look like that in all the comics. That's the first time I've seen him look like that. Probably just that one cover. He looks just like he does in the cartoon in the comic. I've got one issue of Captain N, and you can find a bunch of scans at captainn.net

The Silent Assassin
04-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Hey Mak, you do know your avatar comes from the Japanese Disk artwork of Zelda II.

Mak-X
04-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Hey Mak, you do know your avatar comes from the Japanese Disk artwork of Zelda II.

Yes. Why yes I do. I scanned it from the EGM issue where they have that big article on Ocarina of Time. The last part of the article briefly shows all the past games, and their japanese versions. I scanned the box cover of Zelda 2. You can still see the Nintendo symbol on the lower left hand corner because I haven't taken the time to edit the picture like I planned to. Its grainy because the picture was so small.

VEL
04-26-2002, 11:23 PM
I have a hardcover nintendo comic book, and I think that ones included in it. I think he gets sucked into a portal or something and ends up in a garbage dump like area, and Samus goes through the portal to rescue him, but when she gets there he has already been there for years and is older.

The Silent Assassin
04-26-2002, 11:44 PM
Ah, you have the "Best of Nintendo" Valiant Comics, VEL.

VEL
04-27-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Ah, you have the "Best of Nintendo" Valiant Comics, VEL.

Yes I do. :D

The Silent Assassin
04-27-2002, 12:42 AM
And now I own Captain N 1-5 by Valiant! I just saw them on eBay for 7.99 Buy it Now, and 2.50 shipping! So hell yeah, I am hooked up!