PDA

View Full Version : Another R&B Star Killed

DemoQuestFan
04-26-2002, 05:05 PM
This time it was Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, of the R&B Group TLC. TLC was famous for hits like "Scrubs" and "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg". But not many people know that Lisa also had a solo career going for the past couple of years. Her newest album was due out this summer. She also had a terrific website that had a lot of interesting things to do and facts to learn about. I used to visit the website a lot. This site is located at Eyenetics - The Official Site of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes (http://www.eyenetics.com/). She also had planned to launch a fashion line that started with pajamas, that news is found Here (http://www.mtvasia.com/News/International/Items/0004/0004103.html). My guess is that the Eyenetics site will be shut down and/or replaced by a memorial to her. I encourage all fans of the group TLC or the genre R&B itself not forget the contributions made by TLC to the R&B genre and the contributions that each one of them made as a whole, and look past the fire that Lisa set to her boyfriends mansion. Lisa aslo had a medical condition that we know all too well about, sickle-cell anemia. She also had to struggle with that over the years. But it all boils down to that we forget what these people did for the music industry as soon as they die. I for one will not forget what TLC had done for the industry and neither should any of you that are fans of the R&B Genre. Even if we do find out how the car crash happened, I still believe that vehicle had too many people in it. 7 is way too many for one car.

Beldaran
04-26-2002, 05:10 PM
I mourn deeply for any person that is killed...and thus I have great sorror for Lisa and her family.

However, as a musician, I can't see what TLC really brought to the industry. It's not like she revolutionized anything.

obi
04-26-2002, 05:22 PM
I like TLC...

This is bad news indeed...:(

Toolie
04-26-2002, 05:57 PM
Good. First Aalyiah, and now her. We need more people like them to die.

obi
04-26-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Toolie
Good. First Aalyiah, and now her. We need more people like them to die.

A bit harsh eh?

But then again, your thoughts are yor own...

Toolie
04-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Death is rather harsh. Unfortunately, it's one of the only ways to remove these annoyances from the spotlight... :-/

Fiyerstorm
04-26-2002, 06:05 PM
Like Aaliyah, I've been following TLC's work since they came out. And they did make a difference in this world. In the first video they ever did, they attached condoms all over their clothes to promote safe sex and the years standings for safe sex rose and is still growing. T-Boz from TLC made an organization for Sickle-Cell Anemia cause she has it. This world sucks. All of these innocent loved talented people are getting killed for nothing.:(

Toolie: You're a heartless bastard

Toolie
04-26-2002, 06:07 PM
I'm a heartless bastard? Is this not the woman who burned down her boyfriends house? C'mon, she deserved it.

Catalyst333
04-26-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Toolie
I'm a heartless bastard? Is this not the woman who burned down her boyfriends house? C'mon, she deserved it.

No one deserves to die because they burnt down someones house...We all do stupid shit...

The Silent Assassin
04-26-2002, 06:14 PM
All I have to say to you Toolie is "Karma, Bitch."

Toolie
04-26-2002, 06:26 PM
I'm so sorry she died. She was such a great person in the R&B community. She contributed alot to the world and she will be missed by me and everyone greatly.

Happy?

Fiyerstorm
04-26-2002, 07:52 PM
No.

I don't care what you say anymore, all it does is show more how this world is screwed up w/ screwed up people. You didn't mean it anyway, you just did it for satisfaction.

I just think it's not fair how people die like that. Iwonder how T-Boz and Chile are going throghthis ad Lisa's family and friends....I'll pray for them.

Beldaran
04-26-2002, 09:01 PM
Besides, Alyah deserved to die. The pilot of her personal plane refused to take off because the weather was bad and the cargo was too heavy. But Allyiah (spelling I don't care) threw a temper tantrum, screaming and kicking, and demanded he take off or she was going to sue him and ruin his family and etc.

So they crashed. The blood of everyone in that place is on her hands.

What a brat.

Fiyerstorm
04-26-2002, 09:25 PM
You lie like a cheap rug. If you would of saw the VH1's Behind the Music of Aaliyah, you would of known that the weather was perfect and she didn't thrown a temper tantrum. The luggage boarder told the pilot that there was too many bags and the pilot said it was okay and then the wieght caused the plane engine failure and they crashed 50 feet from the take off spot. The pilot was prolly high too cuz he has a recrd for marijuana and he was suspended from flying cuz of that and he still flew. Aaliyah wasn;t supposed to die.

Rainman
04-26-2002, 09:30 PM
Wow, I don't care at all. She doesn't really matter that much at all to me. This is weird. Utterly no negative emotion to this news...:eyebrow:

Beldaran
04-26-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by SlasherCGE
You lie like a cheap rug. If you would of saw the VH1's Behind the Music of Aaliyah, you would of known that the weather was perfect and she didn't thrown a temper tantrum. The luggage boarder told the pilot that there was too many bags and the pilot said it was okay and then the wieght caused the plane engine failure and they crashed 50 feet from the take off spot. The pilot was prolly high too cuz he has a recrd for marijuana and he was suspended from flying cuz of that and he still flew. Aaliyah wasn;t supposed to die.

Yes, well, my dad works for the company that manufactured the jet, and is friends with people who work for the company that Alyiah leases the jet from. The VH1 report was fixed to make her look good and improve posthumous record sales.

And I'm not lying so :blah:

Of course, you're welcome to believe what you see on TV.:lol:

Foxx
04-27-2002, 07:18 AM
I found neither TLC's nor Aaliyah's music very inspiring, but it's still a shame that the two people had to die.

The same would go even for N'Sync, Britney Spears, etc. While we may express annoyance at their (uninspired) music and wish that they would just disappear, it certainly doesn't mean they deserve to die.