PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

Warlock
04-26-2002, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure if this was ever added, so I thought I'd ask. Is it possible to copy a full map to a different map (ex: if I wanted to make a copy of Map 1 on Map 5). If not this would be a nice feature :)

What I wanted to do was try and add a Dark World to newfirst :D I thought it might be cool.. but it will be a pain to copy all the overworld screens over and THEN convert them to the dark world tiles.. *sigh*..

Oh, also, is it possible to name palettes? It looks like it is but I don't see where you name them.

Orion
04-26-2002, 02:08 PM
Yes, it's already possible. Go to the map you want to copy, export the .map file, go to the map you want to paaste to, and import the .map file. I have used this very often. Good luck with the Darkworld thing.

Cronic
04-26-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
Oh, also, is it possible to name palettes? It looks like it is but I don't see where you name them.

Yes it is actually. There is a small section that you either click or tab to where it will show a red block. from there type in the palletes name (lvl palletes at least)

Warlock
04-26-2002, 02:41 PM
ah cool.. I thought of that but I wasn't sure if I was exporting all of the maps (which I think it originally did) or just that one..

Cronic
04-26-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
ah cool.. I thought of that but I wasn't sure if I was exporting all of the maps (which I think it originally did) or just that one..

I was referring to naming palletes... I actually have no clue how maps export myself...

plith
04-26-2002, 03:08 PM
They export as individual maps. It's how I included the overworld map from 1st.qst into my own quest to redesign it.

Cloral
04-26-2002, 04:15 PM
Still, there really ought to be a copy/paste map feature, even if all it does is export and import a temp map file. That way, newbies wouldn't always be asking about it.

Plus, there really needs to be a way to grab individual combo pages...

Warlock
04-26-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
Plus, there really needs to be a way to grab individual combo pages...

Definately, or even just "clumps" of combo pages, with the new "no combo pages" feature..