PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm worried about my Cable connection

jman2050
04-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Guess what AOL/Time Warner's Quarter 1 closings were. -$54 billion dollars. OMG that is crazy. They say it is the biggest quarter loss in the history of corporate business. Maybe they won't go all the way under, but it scares me to think that both my internet and cable connection may be in danger. Anyone else heard about this?

mike5000
04-26-2002, 02:00 PM
Yah it was on the news the other night...I feel sorry for you!

Hermit
04-26-2002, 02:22 PM
Time Warner would never go under anytime soon. They have so many subsidiaries and other companies under their belt (AOL included) that I doubt $54 million isn't much to worry about for them. They'll make up for that loss elsewhere, and easily through Hollywood movie production and sales, other internet subsidiary companies under their belts, or even with cable television and peripherals.

They may change their internet/cable/dsl setup and how they run it, but that's about it. Don't lose any sleep over it. This is about as equivilant as Bill Gates losing the $54 million, he and Microsoft will be around for eons ;)

Menokh
04-26-2002, 03:37 PM
Despite the loss, their stock is doing amazingly well.
Don't worry, they'll be around for years to come.

The Savior
04-26-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Hermit
Time Warner would never go under anytime soon. They have so many subsidiaries and other companies under their belt (AOL included) that I doubt $54 million isn't much to worry about for them. They'll make up for that loss elsewhere, and easily through Hollywood movie production and sales, other internet subsidiary companies under their belts, or even with cable television and peripherals.

They may change their internet/cable/dsl setup and how they run it, but that's about it. Don't lose any sleep over it. This is about as equivilant as Bill Gates losing the $54 million, he and Microsoft will be around for eons ;)

54 BILLION dollars. Now is it a big deal?

Toolie
04-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Shut up. You guys don't even know what your talking about.

First off, the loss is recorded as so high because of new accounting laws that say that they have to record losses made during a merger, which conventionally would have not been reported. Minus those effects, AOL Time Warner is doing phenomonally great. Please read up on the articles before jumping to drastic conclusions.

jman2050
04-26-2002, 05:41 PM
Where would these articles be? I said that I don't thinkthey will go under, but still, 54 billion dollars does make some people scared (like me :D ).

Toolie
04-26-2002, 05:54 PM
They were on Yahoo news but there old and not listed any longer.