PDA

View Full Version : Well, everybody, this is your last chance...

DarkDragoonX
04-25-2002, 01:24 PM
Lunar: Fan Edition has been shipped, and should be hitting the shelves soon. This is probably your last chance to nab an unadulturated copy of the greatest RPG ever created, so go pre-order it or something.

However, for those of you who don't mind getting a mutilated copy of Lunar that uses an ATB system (shudder), you can wait for Lunar: Legends, a remake of Lunar: TSS of the GBA. Pic: http://www.lunar-net.com/legend/gif/llanim_alexgauge.gif

Every Lunar player will agree with me that compared to the original, that sucks dick. However, for the FF whores out there, it's probably more your style.

Masamune
04-25-2002, 01:34 PM
heheheheh.... FF whore.... heheheheheheheh.....

vegeta1215
04-25-2002, 02:17 PM
More RPGs for GBA? Sounds good to me :D

mrz84
04-25-2002, 02:58 PM
i wish i had the money but i have other things to worry about right now. :(

Leon S. Kennedy
04-25-2002, 10:15 PM
:eek: WOW :eek: . . . . cool now i have another RPG to adventure through . . .

Brasel
04-25-2002, 10:18 PM
The only thing I like about that picture is the detailed characters...but other than that...turn based FF style Lunar would suck ass.

Daarkseid
04-25-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Sir Anthony
The only thing I like about that picture is the detailed characters...but other than that...turn based FF style Lunar would suck ass.

I haven't played Lunar, but how are battles conducted? Do you fill in the commands of all your characters, then a round of combat ensues? Then fill their commands again?

KingArthur
04-25-2002, 11:05 PM
Have you PLAYED Lunar Legends DDX? It doesnt use an ATB system at all. Its got the same old nonATB battle system everyone loves (they just look different on the GBA, very nice looking)

Brasel
04-25-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

I haven't played Lunar, but how are battles conducted? Do you fill in the commands of all your characters, then a round of combat ensues? Then fill their commands again?

Something like that, but they run around the screen as they fight kind of like in games like Grandia 2 and Star Ocean 2, but with less action.

DarkDragoonX
04-26-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by KingArthur
Have you PLAYED Lunar Legends DDX? It doesnt use an ATB system at all. Its got the same old nonATB battle system everyone loves (they just look different on the GBA, very nice looking)

No, you're wrong. Look at the gif, boy, look at the gif. When that little meter below you name fills up, you get to attack, just like in FF6. This is also called ATB.

Daarkseid
04-26-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX

No, you're wrong. Look at the gif, boy, look at the gif. When that little meter below you name fills up, you get to attack, just like in FF6. This is also called ATB.

Don't deny Arthur, he's played the game, imported from Japan. He also bought his GBA while in Japan. I'd take his word over yours, just because it feels better to deny a Squaresoft hater.

AlexMax
04-26-2002, 03:05 PM
LOL

I seriously doubt that WD would screw Lunar over like that DDX. What in the world were you smoking when you thought that?

Mak-X
04-26-2002, 04:02 PM
That Lunar GBA is developed by Game Arts that makes the Lunar series. Dunno who the U.S. publisher is going to be.

So the combat is like in Breath of Fire and Lufia where you put in everyone's commands for your round and then it plays all out? It looks like it would be good for a GBA rpg. If I had a Playstation, Lunar is one of the game's I'd want to play.

Heh from what I read on Adventures! you can collect cards of photos of the characters in the game for later viewing. This must be what they are like.
http://www.gamearts.co.jp/shop/item/lunar.html

KingArthur
04-26-2002, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure what those meters are, but they are MOST ASSUREDLY not ATB meters... The rounds are played out round for round just like Dragon Quest. I think that meter is either EXP or some kind of Limit Break type thing (i'm thinking the latter)