PDA

View Full Version : Check this out :o)

Hermit
04-25-2002, 12:28 PM
It's time to take another oldschool movie/game to a different level ;)

Concept Title Screen (subject to change)
http://members.lycos.co.uk/agnhermit/Willow.GIF

This quest will feature a totally original "Willow" themed soundtrack written/composed by myself. At least 50% of the tiles will be from scratch, original. All the wonderful characters from the movie, right down to those ugly looking "rat-dogs" :thumbsup:

Cyclone
04-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Interesting, Mr. Holmes.

Expected date of release? ;)

(Whaddaya mean you don't know? :tongue: )

Cyclone

Hermit
04-25-2002, 03:09 PM
I haven't a clue how to answer a "date of release" question. :shrug:

I haven't even started building it yet since I just started this about 2 days ago. All I have so far is a title screen and 2 storyboard intro screens so far.

I'm still in the process of getting/creating tiles. I haven't touched the editor in over a year so it's quite possible it'll take a while, since I'll have to learn all this new stuff.

Qale
04-25-2002, 03:34 PM
All of the new features even in the Christmas 1.92 beta are quite daunting to the uninitiated. With new builds occuring weekly it becomes even more complicated. Fortunately there are some contest particpants learning the ropes from the get-go and will hopefully be the teachers/tutorial creators in the future.

Qale

Hermit
04-25-2002, 05:42 PM
I think the last editor I really built a quest in was 1.39 or something ? And even then I never finished it :shrug:

It's cool though, I'm a quick learner :) I've already planned out most of it in my head anyway, so it's just a matter of slapping it down in the editor once I get all the tilework done ;)

I'm using Win 1.47 with this one.

JayeM
04-25-2002, 09:26 PM
Will you be using tiles from the Willow NeS game?

Hermit
04-25-2002, 11:21 PM
More than likely, No. But I have the Rom just in case. That game is horribly ugly, to me anyway.

I may however use the character pictures from when Willow enters the houses at the beginning in cutscenes and such (upgraded and edited of course)

Once I play through that game a little more we'll see about changing some of the enemies as well ;)

If I do, it won't be much.