PDA

View Full Version : Confusion at its best

BoubouZ
04-25-2002, 06:21 AM
:confused:First of all, I wish you all a good day and i hope that you will not mind me asking a maybe silly question. I am rather new to this forums and have been surfing around to various related sites that seem linked with Zelda Classic and the more I do the more confused I get.

My basic question is I have downloaded ZC190 and it runs fine, but I keep seeing discussions etc for a beta release of 192 which at some point i also downloaded. Can someone very briefly explain which one is the newest version and whether i should change to 192 ??? Do not understand what's the difference. Now, you may tell me why do I care but it is just confusing and I cannot bear it anymore.:confused: :

Also another question, I am trying (the emphasis is on trying) to work with ZQuest editor that came with ZC190 and I have tried to download the word tutorial but each time it tells me the link is outdated. Is there a word tutorial or do I have to do with the ebook one??

Would appreciate a response or a link where I could get my questions answered because I have searched but no answers yet.:D

goKi
04-25-2002, 07:37 AM
you may get a better answer if you were to have posted this in the zelda classic forums... as for me... i cannot answer this question, just as a future note, post this in the zc forums. you arent the first to do this, so dont worry... its nothing new.

sorry i cant be of any assistance

AtmaWeapon
04-25-2002, 08:00 AM
I would move it to ZC discussion, but this is not technically the improper forum for his question. However, more people that use ZC are in the ZC forums, so if you want an informative reply, I'd suggest posting in ZC forums.

I have no idea which one is better. I think that 1.90 is stable, and 1.92 is like a teaser for new features.

BoubouZ
04-25-2002, 08:47 AM
hey, AtmaWeapon do you think that you could move this question to the proper forum or it would be better if I just went and posted it again on the forums you and goKi suggested ??

Sorry for not posting in the correct forum but as I said I am new to this forum thing and thought that a new member forum would be suitable for such a question !!!

Anyways, thanks for the tips and I am pretty sure that I will get the hang of this soon!:laughing:

goKi
04-25-2002, 08:51 AM
nononono... dont post it again... request for it to be moved if you must.

as atma said.. this is not the incorrect forum, since it is meant for members asking questions (particularly new members), and you had a question. it would have just been a little more suited in zc discussion.

AtmaWeapon
04-25-2002, 03:45 PM
-=TOPIC MOVED to ZC Discussion=-

I just didn't want it to disappear and BoubouZ not know what happened to it, so I'll move it since he saw it and somewhat requested for it to be moved.

Also, no problem on the incorrect forum, man. It's hard to learn all the forums at first.

C-Dawg
04-25-2002, 04:42 PM
Aight Zeldafan, here's the skinny.

ZC 190 is an essentially bug-free version of Zelda Classic. It allows you to make quests similar to the original Legend of Zelda, and it has a few perks like a couple of new enemies.

ZC 192, however, is an entirely different creature. Some of the most important modifications include :

- MORE resources. More maps, more combo pages, more tiles, more strings, etc
- New combos and flags. The PIT and CONVAYER combos in particular add a whole new dimension to gameplay.
- Layers. Can't stress how mind-boggingly useful layers are. Essentially they let you "stack" screens on top of Link.

As far as tutorials go... there's one over at www.zeldaclassic.com that will teach you the basics. But for more advanced features, your only real recourse is this board. There are plenty of people here who know exactly how to make ZC jump through whatever hoops you want- so if you have a question after you've learned the lingo, just ask.

-C

Cyclone
04-25-2002, 11:46 PM
Atma: thanks.

And as for C-Dawg's post, it's detailed. Good place to start, here. :)

Cyclone