PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Pop Tarts!

texasdex
04-25-2002, 03:06 AM
Dave Barry's Article. (http://www.cfcl.com/cfcl/vlb/Cuute/f/pop_tarts)
Read this first! ^

A quick summary of the actual experiment (http://www.sci.tamucc.edu/~pmichaud/toast/)

The Pop-Tart Experiment As Performed By Dr. Roger A. Hunt, Ph.D., Director, American Institute of Pyrotartology (http://www-personal.umich.edu/~gmbrown/tart/)

A Google Search for this subject. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Strawberry+Pop+Tart+Toaster+Flames&btnG=Google+Search)

What do you think?

CH@O$
04-25-2002, 03:11 AM
its happend quite a few times in england

The Savior
04-25-2002, 07:43 AM
As soon as I get my hands on a toaster, I'm trying that. Garage sale season is coming up, too, so I should have one fairly quickly.

Jigglysaint
04-25-2002, 11:30 AM
LOL! I actually own the book that the article was re-printed in. I also liked the one with the "toad" licking. "Yo man, wana do some Toad?".

Daarkseid
04-25-2002, 01:59 PM
So? Everybody knows Pop-tarts does that. Thats why those luscious and completely filling sweet pastries come with a warning on their box. Awhile ago, our house might nearly have burned down because, unknowingly, the toaster had caught fire while warming our thouroughly delicious poptarts.

Theres a risk involved when heating those delectible ambrosiac pastry snacks, but its a risk I'm willing to take. Should a new authoritarian neo-communist regime decide to take away our freedoms, the freedom to be allowed to nearly burn down my house in pursuit of wildly flavorful and appealing pop-tarts is one I will not give up peacefully!

Jigglysaint
04-25-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
So? Everybody knows Pop-tarts does that. Thats why those luscious and completely filling sweet pastries come with a warning on their box. Awhile ago, our house might nearly have burned down because, unknowingly, the toaster had caught fire while warming our thouroughly delicious poptarts.

Theres a risk involved when heating those delectible ambrosiac pastry snacks, but its a risk I'm willing to take. Should a new authoritarian neo-communist regime decide to take away our freedoms, the freedom to be allowed to nearly burn down my house in pursuit of wildly flavorful and appealing pop-tarts is one I will not give up peacefully!

I'd say that flaming Pop-Tarts is the least of your worries "cough lacedwithdrugs cough".

Dracula
04-25-2002, 04:13 PM
...this is why I eat Pop Tarts untoasted most of the time...

mrz84
04-25-2002, 04:15 PM
well thats a strudel of a joke. :kawaii:

ctrl-alt-delete
04-25-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

What the hell??? Got a dictionary close to you daark? lol

Daarkseid
04-25-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by ZeldaMaster

What the hell??? Got a dictionary close to you daark? lol

No, I was taking the moment to express my love for Pop-tarts using MY own vocabulary. I don't need a dictionary to temporarily expand my repretroire of words. I do need one to spell certain words correctly though...

ctrl-alt-delete
04-25-2002, 06:45 PM
Well, maybe I can help. It is spelled delectable. Ambrosiac is not a word, but ambrosia is. And, it is spelled repertoire. <---I don't think the definition for that really fits. Damn, you must really love pop tarts.

Daarkseid
04-25-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by ZeldaMaster
Well, maybe I can help. It is spelled delectable. Ambrosiac is not a word, but ambrosia is. And, it is spelled repertoire. <---I don't think the definition for that really fits. Damn, you must really love pop tarts.

Well Thank You, Mr. Helpy Helperton. Yes I love pop-tarts.

MountainDrew023
04-25-2002, 10:22 PM
wow someone else reads dave barry!:eek:

i have read all his books and exploding pop tarts has to be the best article.:laughing:

Jemsee
04-25-2002, 10:57 PM
That's...aaa...interesting. I need to read more Dave Barry.