PDA

View Full Version : Orion's LttP tileset.

DarkSFK
04-24-2002, 06:56 PM
Hey, Orion, when are you going to release your new tileset for LttP? I'm interested in it. By the way, your current 2.2 version is great!:thumbsup:

Blankboard
04-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Uhh... dude youd probably would be better off PM him, IM him or e-mail him

Cronic
04-24-2002, 07:06 PM
Naw he can ask here as I'm sure were all curious.

Orion
04-24-2002, 08:41 PM
Um... soon?

Actually, I honstly don't know. Probably June, which is when vacation starts again. I should then have plenty of time to wrap things up.

Right now, I have been (as I have said a millions times before) wrapped up with lightworld.qst. It's trning out to be a full-blown remake of the original, with many additions to make it more like Z3 (you will find the flute boy somewhere, more music, visual effects, etc that are made to look like Zelda 3). I look forward to it. So should you.

If you really really want what I have done at the moment, you can email me ([email protected]) and I'l send you the current version of lightworld.qst. That way, you can see the progress for yourself, and have a few combo pages and MIDIs to work with. It's a tad messy, but that's just somethin you'll have to deal with. I'm not doing another public release until I have enough to call it a release.

If anybody wants to host screenshots, I have a few now. Lemmi know.

Cronic
04-24-2002, 11:45 PM
Dude AZC will always host your screens ;) Check the announcememnts in quest discussion for the upload link ;)

And I would love to see what youve done so far. Also I was wondering just how DN removing the combo page limitations was going to help this realease along.

Orion
04-25-2002, 09:46 AM
Cool. I"ll have screenshots up here by tonight. And again, if you want the progress so far, email me for the quest.

COmbo pages? How will that help? Well, believe it or not, 64 combo pages isn't enough...

Dark Nation
04-25-2002, 10:00 AM
Orion, in your tileset (at least 2.2) I noticed that you duplicated combos on several pages. In beta 156, you aren't limited by combo pages, so you only need one of any combo, since you can use combos from anywhere (combo from page 0 and a combo from page 63 on the same screen). However, if more space is needed, I can easily double the number of pages available. The only reason I chose 64 (pages 0-63) is because I didn't have enough room on the screen to put 128 choices for picking which combo page the current screen should use. Without having to pick a combo page, this is no longer a problem.

Cronic
04-25-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
Orion, in your tileset (at least 2.2) I noticed that you duplicated combos on several pages. In beta 156, you aren't limited by combo pages, so you only need one of any combo, since you can use combos from anywhere (combo from page 0 and a combo from page 63 on the same screen). However, if more space is needed, I can easily double the number of pages available. The only reason I chose 64 (pages 0-63) is because I didn't have enough room on the screen to put 128 choices for picking which combo page the current screen should use. Without having to pick a combo page, this is no longer a problem.

Tell me that doesn't rock ;)

Dark Nation
04-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic

Tell me that doesn't rock ;)

That doesn't rock. :blah:

Cronic
04-25-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Dark Nation

That doesn't rock. :blah:

You sir are a liar! But seeing as how your the one debugging it I can understand ;)

Orion
04-25-2002, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I have that beta, and that feature would eliminate the need for duplicating all the combos. However, I often avoid making quests using a ZC Beta for a couple of reasons. One is that it's not my job to be a Beta Tester just so I can get the newest and latest versions earlier than everybody else. The other is compatibility issues. I've been told time and time again that the betas might not be that stable and could corrupt anything saved in them. But I will make do with what I have.

I will probably convert over to the combo pageless format soon. I just need to get around to it.