3. Final Fantasy 3/6
4. Mega Man X
5. Final Fantasy 8

mrz84
04-24-2002, 06:39 PM
1. Smash Borthers 64/Melee (N64/GC)
2. Ogre Battle (snes)
3. Starcraft (PC not the crappy N64)
4. Mega Man 64/Legends (N64/Playstation)
5. Sonic Adventure 2 (GC)

:kawaii:

Dart Zaidyer
04-24-2002, 06:47 PM
1. Super Metroid (SNES)
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
4. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
5. Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (PC)

For the record, I would have listed Jedi Outcast instead, but, I don't actually own it yet. =/
Give me more spaces and I'll give you more games, by golly!

Mak-X
04-24-2002, 07:23 PM
My list from my head right now since there's a lot of games I like

1. Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Mega Man 2
4. Goldeneye
5. Secret of Mana

There's so many games for me to list and order. I just thought of some that I had a lot of memories of and really enjoyed playing a lot.

Zelda 2 is at the top because I've been thinking about it a lot recently. That game was so cool when I played it and watched it as a kid. I used to watch my dad play all the time. I just liked the whole style of the game, the dark setting, being able to talk to people, and not ever being safe, even in the towns I will call "evil" towns. I played through that game so much, but I've only beaten it once when I bought it used a few years ago and finally beat it. I always liked the artwork in the manual too. I remember renting the game all the time from Channel 3 and they packed black and white xerox copies of the instruction booklets. The cartridge was gold too! Its the game that got me into Zelda.

Super Mario Bros. 3 was a game I had to play. I had to borrow it from my uncle. It was so big and really fun to play. Each time you played, you might go one world farther instead of using the whistles. All the powerups such as the raccoon tail that let you fly were great. Mario was back in his original style from Super Mario Bros. and it was better than ever.

Mega Man 2 is the only Mega Man game I own. I played Mega Man 3 first, and liked that, but Mega Man 2 is really great. The level design and bosses were at Mega Man's prime. I liked the graphics of the levels and especially the music. Bubble Man, Flash Man, Quick Man, Metal Man, Wood Man, Air Man, Crash Man, Heat Man.

Goldeneye had a great single player game with increasing difficulty levels and objectives. After beating the levels, you basically broke them to get the cheats. Multiplayer was the best part. I even brought out a 13" outside so me and my friends could play since we couldn't go inside at the time. We wore gloves because it was winter!

I rented Secret of Mana so many times. Each time I would get a little further. The rpg style and the story drew me into the game. It was like Zelda but without the puzzles and more story and character interaction. The game was beatiful in sound and graphics.

Brasel
04-24-2002, 09:48 PM
Why not...I'll post the story behind mine as well.

1. Super Mario Bros. 3

I remember hearing about it at first. My friends told me that Mario turned into a racoon...I didn't believe them at first. Then my friend's mom bought it for him (he was spoiled)...I was so mad when he didn't invite me over to play it, seeing as I was the biggest Mario freak in the neighborhood at the time. My mom and I finally went to rent it...and to my dismay, they didn't have it, so I had to be put on a waiting list...I still hadn't played it. The day came and I finally got to rent it. I loved this game so much, that I kept it past its due date for like a week. I still have the booklet to it...I "forgot" to return it. :mischief:

2. Link to a Past

I saw it for the first time, and the first thing I was impressed with was the music. This was the first SNES game I ever saw. I hadn't gotten to play it until I got my SNES Christmas of the next year. It was so awsome. I remember the old early SNES days, they were the absolute peak of gaming.

3. Final Fantasy 3

I remember my babysitter worked at a movie rental store, so she got to bring over free rented games each time she babysat me and my siblings. She brought FF3 over, and I played it hoping that I'd see all my characters from FF2...I didn't see them, and completely dismissed the game until the summer of 1994, when I rerented it and loved it. This game was so much fun after I decided to play it. I bought it soon after I saved up money from mowing my lawn.

4. Mega Man X

This game was just awsome. I still play it over and over cause I'm just so good at it. This is in my top 5 cause of how good I am at it, and how it never gets old...cause I can beat it in 20 minutes.

5. Final Fantasy 8

I hated this game through the first 3 disks, then I beat it and realized how great of a game it was if I didn't think of it as a Final Fantasy game. I played through it again and loved every second of it.

Mak-X, you and me have a lot of similar tastes in games I've noticed. Zelda 2 and Mega Man 2 are both in my top 10.

christiankhs
04-24-2002, 10:10 PM
zelda oot
seiken densetsu 3 (secret if mana 2)
zelda 1
crono trigger
megaman x, x2 ,x3

(7) :ooh: :lmao:

The Silent Assassin
04-24-2002, 10:25 PM
In no particular order:

Metal Gear Solid
A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy X
Super Mario 64
F-Zero X

Dracula
04-24-2002, 11:30 PM
I just want to let you know, the game series are listed, not an individual game.

Castlevania

Zelda

Grand Theft Auto

Metal Gear

Mario

I'm a fan of many games... :kawaii:

Hermit
04-25-2002, 01:34 AM
I'll pick 6 :)

Final Fantasy 7-10
Metal Gear Solid 1-2

;)

Daarkseid
04-25-2002, 01:35 AM
1. Earthbound
2. Resident Evil(Director's Cut)
3. Strider
4. Final Fantasy IV
5. Dracula X: Rondo of Blood.

1. Earthbound: By far the greatest game I have ever played. It completes me. Never before will I ever love a game such as I have this. I was powerless before its advances and I enchanted by its charm and the way we connected... I love you, Earthbound.

2. Resident Evil(Director's Cut): Awesome Awesome game, and the first real good game I played on the Playstation. The creepy and suspenseful atmosphere were awesome; the kinda of damage the enemies did to your character(of which two are playable) was just so utterly horrible that to get attacked was almost as frightening as being taken by surprise. And the fact ammo tended to run low at certain points of the game raised the level of player anxiety. The sound track also added to the game's atmosphere immensely and was really creepy(unfortunately, for the Dual Shock version, they chose to go with a different sound track that sounded more like the ones in RE's sequels).

And then the plot was also excellent. You would as you go along learn bits and pieces of whats going on around you and gives you this sense of mystery that drives you forward in the game, despite the fact you could very well wind up eviscerated in the next room. The only downside to this game(or upside, however you want to look at it) was the cheesy voice acting and the bad acting in the FMV sequences. Alot of it was tough to stomach at time. Finally, I liked the Director's Cut version because it has the "Arrange" mode, in which items are scattered differently through the game(meaning puzzles and encounters have to be dealt with in a different and frustrating order), ammo is more scarce, and enemies are tougher. The only consolation you have is a new pistol weapon that can on random shots kill zombies and dogs in one shot, potentially saving you ammo. It took me awhile to finally beat both Chris and Jill's in Arrange mode, but it was fun anyway since the only thing I was certain of anymore was just the mansion floor plan.

3. Strider: Just an awesome old platform game by Capcom. It was in Arcades, then ported to the Genesis in 1990, then much later to the PSX. It was just a cool game to play, and was neat in that if you weren't really good at it, you'd die several hundred times, but you could actually master the game in such a way as to be able to finish the game without ever so much as losing a life, easily. I played the game at an arcade recently and beat it twice on only 3 quarters.

4. Final Fantasy IV: The best FF game in my opinion, and the one that got me into RPGs. I like how the characters you fight with drive the plot more than they do in other games, like they'll join your party, then leave. There is only one character who stays in the party(who is the main character) through out the whole game, while others come and go. This is different than later games, where you'll get some new characters, and from that point on, they don't impact the game's plot very much. And then the villain, Golbez, is the coolest villain in any game I've played, or in any of the FF games.

5. Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. The best classic style Castlevania game, in my opinion. The fact it was released only in Japan for videogame system that wasn't too popular in the US makes it very hard to get ahold of(actual copies fetch quite a bit on eBay). I also don't have the Turbo Duo(or PC Engine Super CD-ROM system) to play it, if I ever got a copy, so I'd have to use an emulator. I've tried getting the ISOs and the music files for the game, and burning them onto a blank CD, but the best I've managed so far is being able to play the game with the music playing incorrectly. I think it has to do with my CD-RW...
It has the best soundtrack of any Castlevania game, levels with alternate exits leading to alternate levels, and anime cutscenes with actual dialogue(albeit, in Japanese). The intro is also one of the coolest, with an actual narration in German(to give it a more Gothic touch) and an anime scene showing Dracula's minions sacrificing a girl to raise Dracula. I hope to god this game is given a PSX rerelease, just like Akumajou Dracula X68000 was last year.

These are my personal favorites right now.

Rijuhn
04-25-2002, 02:58 AM
1) I don't know. Zelda maybe? Uh, how about Mario, wait to cliché. Okay, I got it. GTA 3, and even though I've yet to play it, I'm going to get it for the PC in a month, YAY! ;)

2) Final Fantasy III/Chrono Trigger

3) LttP/OoT

4) Super Smash Brothers: Melee

5) Secret of Mana

Artevoi
04-25-2002, 07:11 AM
1) Diablo 2 (PC)
It's only boring until you start playing online.

2) Sonic Adventure 1 (DC)
104 Sonic Emblems and counting. I like SA1 better than SA2.

3) Daggerfall (PC)
It's got a lot of problems, but it's better that a lot of the stuff out there.

4) Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
Not because of the adult humor, but just because it's fun.

5) Golden Sun (GBA)
The combat makes up for the bad dialog.

rinaku
04-25-2002, 09:53 AM
golden sun

final fantasies series

Zelda oot

Zelda mm

Advance wars

...But what about your fav characters?

Brasel
04-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Good idea rinoku, I'll make a post about that...hahahaha! Stole your idea!

Masamune
04-25-2002, 11:33 AM
Chrono Trigger
Zelda 3
FF3
FF9
FFX

SiliconHero
04-25-2002, 01:19 PM
Gran Turismo 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Dragon Warrior VII
Sonic Adventure 2 (not Battle...I don't own a GameCube)

Honorable Mention: Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia

zables
04-25-2002, 04:01 PM
this is kind of a tough one,
so i am going to give you 7 that i found to tie for the best games ive ever played.

1) Earthbound.
2) Final Fantasy 7
3) Chrono Trigger
4) Final Fantasy 3
5) Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
6) Terranigma
7) Illusion of Gaia
Reasons:

1) Earthbound:
It was an incredibly captivating game that managed to hold your attention all the way through because of awesome music being probably the biggest draw to the game. Then probably the most original story line that i have ever seen, ( i mean' com on' how often do you ever see a group of kids trying to save the world with their God given psychic powers?). I had awesome humor and also the game play was simply addictev and fun as heck.

2) Final Fantasy 7:
This game had it all, awesome music, awesome characters (and alot of depth to them as well). And to add to it all, it had an amazing story behind it. For the time when it first came out the graphics showed off some of the PS1's true potential.

3) Chrono Trigger:
Well Chrono Trigger again had amazing characters, music, story, and graphics. I dont know what more a person could really ask for in a game, but this is deffinatly one of the best games that i have ever played.

4) Final Fantasy 3:
Great story to it, it just keep developing and developing. They also have some of the best weapons. The story was fully developed with very few loose ends (if any really) but it also raised the bar for the RPG's to come

5) Legend Of Zelda; Link To The Past:
This was the first Zelda game that graced the Super Nintendo (hallelujiah!) but it was the most advanced Zelda games for the time (well and for years to come until the Ocarina of Time was released anywho...) The recreation of Hyrule was awesome, it was graphically impressive and the music and story were awesome to.

6) Terranigma:
This game takes it in all categories for real time RPG fights... It has THE most original storyline that i have ever really seen, the music kicked some supreme arse! and well needless to say the graphics for the style of game it was, well... they were incredible...

7) Illusion Of Gaia:
The reason that i have this in here is because it had Terranigma's place before Terranigma came out, so it deserves honourable mention....

Chris Miller
07-15-2011, 12:26 PM
1) Kill the spambot (NES)
2) Rape the spambot designer with a cactus (Sega)
3) Savagely beat the spambot designer's parents (SNES)
4) Kill the spambot 3D (N64)
5) Have a coffee (Atari)