PDA

View Full Version : The Scorpion King

Goat
04-24-2002, 05:24 PM
Has anyone seen this movie yet? I have heard that it was bad ass and also that it blew my load. I saw a documentary on the history channel about the scorpion king to, it was cool cause he really existed.

Cronic
04-24-2002, 05:54 PM
Did i miss the documentary?? Damn!

And yeah mr. solid snake himself (David Hayter) helped write the screen play so I'm goin for sure.

Sirklawd
04-24-2002, 05:57 PM
the movie is wicked silly at parts, but the people that made the movie did it on purpose. so its ok. i loved the movie, its baddass and funny. the rock is funny shit (think the funny parts in indianna jones) def. see it, but itll be sooo much better if you get someone else to pay for you. (not like any movie wouldnt be)

Goat
04-24-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic

It was pretty cool, they will probably replay it a million times tho, so count on seeing it sometime saturday or sunday

VEL
04-24-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Goatboy

It was pretty cool, they will probably replay it a million times tho, so count on seeing it sometime saturday or sunday

Here are the times it is on again. (they are central time)

Saturday, 27 7:00 PM
Saturday, 27 11:00 PM
Sunday, 28 5:00 PM

Ibis, God of Magicks
04-24-2002, 09:18 PM
I'm sorry to tell you but the scorpion king sucked.

Don't listen to Sirklawd, the movie blew big fat donkey dick.

inori
04-24-2002, 09:21 PM
There was actually already a thread in GED (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54637) about this movie... you can find more opinions there.

King Link
04-24-2002, 09:53 PM
I haven't seen the movie yet but I am quite looking forward to going to see the movie. I guess The Rock makes a good appearance.

Ich
04-24-2002, 10:10 PM
I dislike prowrestling in all its forms. Including movies with the stars from them. See "The Mummy 2" and you can get about all you need from it, plus Mummy 2 has a real actor, not that you don't have to act well to be a prowrestler, considering it is all choreographed and fake.

Jigglysaint
04-24-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
I dislike prowrestling in all its forms. Including movies with the stars from them. See "The Mummy 2" and you can get about all you need from it, plus Mummy 2 has a real actor, not that you don't have to act well to be a prowrestler, considering it is all choreographed and fake.

The wrestling itself is fake, but to fake it in a way to make it popular is another matter alltogether. Consider it a soap opera for men. They still have to work hard at it, to make it look somewhat real. I've watched a few bios on some of the people and they have to do some very hard things that are still dangerous.

Sirklawd
04-25-2002, 12:46 AM
gee im sorry you cant find humor in things that are obviously funny. and i tooold you not to pay...you didnt listen to Uncle Sirklawd did you?

Brasel
04-25-2002, 01:41 AM
Scorpion King was good for a few laughs....because me and my friend were making fun of the terrible acting through the whole thing.

Drunken Tiger
04-25-2002, 01:55 AM
All I know is that it managed to pull in $36.2 million US...

Now thats quite alot of money...

obi
04-25-2002, 03:08 AM
All I know is that it managed to pull in $36.2 million US...

Now thats quite alot of money...

That depends how much it cost to make.

Now, I heard it sucked as well, but I still want to see it as well.

It sounds slightly lame, something about a minstrel or whatever.

CH@O$
04-25-2002, 03:10 AM
yeah, it sounds cool, but its terrible when producers try to improve something that was already a hit. (the mummy duo)

richeva
04-25-2002, 03:12 AM
I really wanna see it, cause i got the preview CD with 'the mummy returns' DVD. It looks good.

Drunken Tiger
04-25-2002, 03:38 AM
Just because the Rock is in it it managed to pull in $36.2 million dollars.. Thats pretty shitty.. I havent seen it yet and i will probably go see it on tuesday.. The advertising here is too strong...:rolleyes:

Edit:Typo

Dirk the Daring
04-25-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic

You can read this article (http://www.archaeology.org/magazine.php?page=0205/reviews/scorpion) about it.....

Brasel
04-25-2002, 11:20 AM
I found it funny that eveyr crappy one liner The Rock made, he seemed to smile at the camara and just imply, "Watch WWF!"