PDA

View Full Version : No offense... But could we ditch the snobby attitude?

rinaku
04-24-2002, 06:38 AM
...But why do most of the admins just windge and act so much like snobs? While I was looking around the other day, I just kept seeing admins like Glenn, just blaming other people, no offense, but it makes the forums seem so unfrienly:( When I was banned, I sent a pm to (I wont say) and my message back waas "You were banned, you flamed and triple posted" I was a n00b then, and it really doesnt encourage people to join, whenyou get rude messages like that. Its almost like everyone but admins and mods are vermin.... So can you just like, make this place a bit.. nicer, then not so many people would leave...

plith
04-24-2002, 06:40 AM
But.... you flamed and triple posted... and n00b or not, the rules are very clear.... or did you not realize this board even had rules? Maybe it's not the admins who have the attitude... are they supposed to be eternally friendly for your benefit?

goKi
04-24-2002, 07:58 AM
how is this post going to help your cause... the rules are clear.

bigjoe
04-24-2002, 08:01 AM
Well , I know that Glenn used to be a lot nicer before he had an authoritative position. :D One of these days Glenn will be nice again , im sure of it.

AtmaWeapon
04-24-2002, 08:05 AM
Quit breaking the rules (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=582175#post582175)and you'll have the right to call us snobby for being bastards to you.

We've had plenty of discussions about the unfriendlyness at the forums, and I think we may have worked out our differences.

goKi
04-24-2002, 08:06 AM
look.... you are not banned anymore, be thankful for that.. if you want to be banned, continue please.

Cyclone
04-24-2002, 09:50 AM
Before you start saying I'm a snob with this post, may I remind you I'm one of the nicest mods. here.

Now, to my post.

I don't recall the exact situation that led to you being banned, but if you triple-posted, that alone would not have been a reason to make you take a vacation. However, if you truly did flame, then by all means the ban was just. Rules are clear that a flame in certain forums (New Members Forum, and lately, I think also GD) leads to a three day ban. Go nuts, and it's a week.

I know you're still a :newbie: (you joined this month), but just realize that we DO have rules here, and that you would be best sometimes to go with the rules. If you wish to question a rule, by all means do; it won't change the rule, but perhaps we can clarify said rule for you.

Cyclone

Drunken Tiger
04-24-2002, 09:58 AM
I think the staff here are most helpful and very nice!! I mean sure there are some of the more "aggressive" mods here but if you do what is right and stop acting like a noOb who cant be bothered to even have a glance at the rules and you wont be bothered.Just let this one slide and continue on with your life.. I dont think you are going to change Glenn's or any other staff behaviour.To tell you the truth i have nto read the rules myself. If common sense when you see an edit button to use it and its also common sense not to flame another member.Just let it go..;)

Masamune
04-24-2002, 12:29 PM
just shutup and be glad you're not banned anymore. all this whining is just gonna get you banned again. so just sit back, relax, and enjoy a good slice of AGN.

Dirk the Daring
04-24-2002, 12:43 PM
Enjoy AGN, don't be AGN (Another Goofy Newbie).

Masamune
04-24-2002, 12:46 PM
lol!

Cyclone
04-24-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Dirk the Daring
Enjoy AGN, don't be AGN (Another Goofy Newbie).

That's putting it bluntly. ;)

Cyclone

rinaku
04-24-2002, 02:09 PM
Okay, I'm sorry. But, well, actually, I'd better not say it, well, I'll take your word for it and enjoy this place. I'm turning over a new leaf and ditching the... n00b attitude, and making, irrelevent posts like this... Could someone close this post... please?

Cronic
04-24-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by rinaku
Could someone close this post... please?

Nope. We don't close threads unless they get way outta hand. just let it die and you'll be fine.