PDA

View Full Version : Tileset Challenge...Literally!

VGWarrior
04-23-2002, 10:40 PM
It's not every day I come in this forum, but I have a Challenge...and I mean it!

I want someone to make or copy the tileset used on the Zelda Challenge: Outlands rom hack. Since it's based off the classic set, it shouldn't be THAT hard to pull off.

plith
04-23-2002, 10:46 PM
I thought someone already did it. Look around these forums for a while and you might find it. I think I also saw it at the Tileshop.

VEL
04-23-2002, 10:48 PM
I just checked the tileshop, and they are there, but it doesn't include the enemy tiles.

Menokh
04-23-2002, 10:53 PM
So sue me I didn't want to do the enemy tiles.
The rom is hard.
If any of you want you can take my tileset and add the enemy tiles to it. Just resubmit it to the tileshop and make sure you credit me for the base work.

Zeo
04-24-2002, 07:35 AM
Sounds like a great way to waste today...................

EDIT: Hm.....I went IPS hunting and it looks like he had the same ideas for Link as I did for SD, except I went a LOT darker......................

Cronic
04-24-2002, 12:11 PM
http://tileshop.armageddongames.com/tiles/uploads/previews/Challnegetiles.jpg

It has it's moments, but 've never liked em at all... Is this the rom hack with the screwed up enemies? Or was that the nes GBdx hack?

Zeo
04-24-2002, 03:31 PM
I've got a pretty good jump on it.

I might even use those glowing bats in SurrealDimension, as is I haven't done much with it,

Still need to find the duguens................As for the altered moblins ane Gihi, just reassign the wallmaster tile to the ghihi, and the groyia tile to the mobli, and that's done.

VGWarrior
04-24-2002, 04:13 PM
Zelda: Challenge is a rom hack, but it's not screwed up. I just can't find the Stalfos Key; that's all.

BTW, I'm sure I checked the tileshop awhile ago and I didn't see it up there; that's why I asked. Perhaps with GameMaker's permission, we can include that tileset on that "tileset template" that DN is trying to do.

Cronic
04-24-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by VGWarrior
Zelda: Challenge is a rom hack, but it's not screwed up. I just can't find the Stalfos Key; that's all.

BTW, I'm sure I checked the tileshop awhile ago and I didn't see it up there; that's why I asked. Perhaps with GameMaker's permission, we can include that tileset on that "tileset template" that DN is trying to do.

Why? They aren't very good...

And can you post a link to the outlands site for us? (Yes you can post links to rom hacks just not copyrited roms)

Zeo
04-24-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by VGWarrior

Its there, but no enemies...........

VGWarrior
04-24-2002, 08:48 PM
I think you guys can navigate your way around from the main site...

http://www.cg-games.net

Currently they are making Zelda 3 Challenge; perhaps we can learn much from them.