PDA

View Full Version : Help!

supertails2001
04-23-2002, 06:29 PM
Problems with my quest:

- In the Intro, my guy and string do not show up, while Link is unable to move right, in the direction he has to (won't even respond to that arrow)

-In my first dungeon, I have a "warp puzzle." i.e. You warp back and forth between two rooms to reach an item and the exit. But Link always ends up in a passageway.. Why?

-More coming as I find them 'cause I have to be my own tester.(*b* why did you leave me? :( j\k but did ya get it and try it?) Probably 'cause it's my first quest.

C-Dawg
04-23-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by supertails2001
Problems with my quest:

- In the Intro, my guy and string do not show up, while Link is unable to move right, in the direction he has to (won't even respond to that arrow)

Could be a variety of things. If you're setting up a story screen such that Link can move right, you should probably do the following :

Set up a Dmap that is a Cave with level > 1. This ensures the guy can show up, while avoiding any problems with the barriers on the side of the screen.

You can start link out on the far right side of the screen if you like, but I think it's better to just start link in a large chunk of stair/pit combos. That way, whichever direction the player presses. he'll warp to the next screen. Just cover Link up with layers and you can even use your normal stair combos for this.

Hope this helps! :)
-C

supertails2001
04-23-2002, 08:34 PM
Thanx C- Off to try it now!