PDA

View Full Version : GameCube rules the day for now.

The Silent Assassin
04-23-2002, 04:43 PM
http://www.armageddongames.com/images/tsa/poll.gif

I would be inclined to agree.

Squaresoft on board for a Nintendo only development studio.
Virtual Fighter Quest by SEGA, exclusive to Nintendo.
Zelda Chronicles
Metroid Prime
StarFox Adventures

and of course, TSA's rumorville:

Metal Gear Solid 3's expected cross platform announcement.
Chrono Break unveiled at E3
Squaresoft's new Nintendo Mascot RPG.

King Link
04-23-2002, 07:42 PM
That's good. I'm not surprised, GameCube is really great but let's hope that other voters agree!

Mak-X
04-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Zelda Chronicles? The new Zelda, a new Zelda or a compilation?

zables
04-24-2002, 12:51 AM
yah, whats up with the Zelda Chronicles , do u got anywhere i could do some reading on that?

Leon S. Kennedy
04-24-2002, 08:13 AM
Hmmmmm . . . . I thought i as the only one who perfered GameCube over the rest . . . . but my votes would be GC, PS2, XBox . . . . . and yes plz post a link to these Zelda Chronicles

obi
04-24-2002, 09:58 AM
The problem with old Zelda's (OoT) most 'general' gamers couldn't complete it for many reasons, Nintendo suposedly plans to make a small collection of 'easy' Zelda games for us to enjoy. I just hope they make a 'feature length' one as well.

I reall want some info on Chrono Break.

Most developers have already said that GC is easier to develop for but enough about that, Trust Ninty as they have been in the business longer.:laughing:

mrz84
04-24-2002, 02:27 PM
I reall want some info on Chrono Break. i am intriged by this as well. whats it about and whens it slated for release and on what system (say x-crap and i have one more reason to hate bill gates) :kawaii:

Mak-X
04-24-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by obi
The problem with old Zelda's (OoT) most 'general' gamers couldn't complete it for many reasons, Nintendo suposedly plans to make a small collection of 'easy' Zelda games for us to enjoy. I just hope they make a 'feature length' one as well.

What? "Old" Zeldas and refering to Ocarina of Time and it being too hard for general gamers? That game was easy compared to the past Zeldas. I'd hate to see it anymore easier or "easy" Zelda games. Ocarina of Time's final battle was good but it wasn't that difficult. Majora's Mask's final battle was pathetically easy with the Fierce Diety Mask.

The Silent Assassin
04-24-2002, 03:28 PM
1. Chrono Break was registered by Squaresoft a few months ago. So was XenoSaga. Both were only "rumors" then, but XenoSaga is real now. Obviously one should assume Chrono Break is real as well.

2. A Japanese trade magazine yesterday released info that Nintendo was indeed working on a second Zelda project other than Cel-Da. However, only speculation leads them to believe it is a compilation. They dubbed the project "Zelda Chronicles" for now.

3. Zelda games have never been hard. The only exception is Zelda II.

mrz84
04-24-2002, 04:05 PM
3. Zelda games have never been hard. The only exception is Zelda II. i hear that. that was one doozy of a zelda game for its time. and it still is whenever i get around to playing it again. :kawaii:

Warlock
04-24-2002, 04:32 PM
That's why Zelda 2 is the best!

I think LTTP could be considered "hard" if they removed the faeries in the bottles. That just makes the game cake. If they took that out, it would be more challenging (at least closer to Zelda II challenging I mean).

Orion
04-24-2002, 04:35 PM
Claro... Xenosaga isn't from Squaresoft, rather by Monolith and Namco.

The Silent Assassin
04-24-2002, 04:36 PM
What about Xenogears then?

Daarkseid
04-24-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
What about Xenogears then?

That was published by Square, however, Xenosaga was handed off to another company to develop and publish, since Square has other projects to work on.

Mak-X
04-24-2002, 05:31 PM

Once you've played through a Zelda game its not as hard. Perhaps the Zelda games in general weren't that hard but just not plain easy, I dunno. I just remember in Zelda 3 I actually needed the blue potion. Maybe I'm remembering wrong and Ocarina of Time was just as difficult as Zelda 3. I used several potions in my first fight with Ganon in Ocarina of Time since I used up the magic fast, but the battle just didn't seem as hard as the battle in Zelda 3 or even Link's Awakening. Now that I think about it, I guess Link's Awakening wasn't that hard either. I didn't realize you could jump over the final boss's arms until I had beaten it several times. I guess I'm just thinking about the final battle of Ocarina of Time and especially Majora's Mask too much.
I must be remembering the old games as hard because of my skill and age. At least in Zelda 3, they took away a life each time you used a fairy, where in Ocarina of Time they didn't. I've beaten Link's Awakening once without dying to see Marin as a seagull or angel. I guess I should beat the 2nd quest on Zelda one of these days.

Warlock
04-24-2002, 05:44 PM
Yeah, Zelda 1 second quest, that was hard.. that's what they need to do! Make second quests! I mean, they wouldn't HAVE to change the levels, although they could. But if it's too hard, just make it more of an endurance mode where you get something special (new ending?) for beating it.. they could beef up enemy damage and HP, maybe add in extra quests (sort of side quests, or perhaps obsticles to block your path - like say as an OoT example, before you could enter the Deku Tree, you have to beat some enemy/boss type creature.. or collect something.. you know)..

mrz84
04-24-2002, 06:21 PM
i hear ya warlord. thats what most of the zelda games lack. a 2nd quest. ah. i can remember the original zelda's 2nd quest.... man that was quite an epic.

mak-x: well i just have to say that i didnt use a potion in OoT or MM unless i absoulutly needed it. :kawaii:

rinaku
04-25-2002, 09:59 AM
Gamecubes definatly the best of the 3 consloes. I maen, Its not the fastest, but so what to that, but it has the best graphics. I don't reckon Gamecube'll die out like dreamcast, but the thing to notice is, its portable! Do you think nintendo is gonna end up just being a handheld consoles comany? No, nor do I...

The Silent Assassin
04-25-2002, 10:36 AM
The 2nd Quest is only hard because none of you play it. It's actually not as hard as it seems once you play it through a few times.