PDA

View Full Version : NO NO! NOT GAMESPy!!!!!!!

AlexMax
04-23-2002, 04:07 PM
OK, when I surfed over to PlanetHalfLife, I was presented with an anonymous survey. Being a satisfied Gamespy Network user, I took it.

And guess what the last "Agree/Disagree" survey question was...

"I would pay a subscription fee to receive exclusive content from the GameSpy Network"

And then I screamed...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

If they go the way of IGN...it would just....suck.

DarkPanther
04-23-2002, 04:18 PM
At least we'll be able to tell our kids some day "we used to have the internet, and information and fun was free!".

Capitalizm rhymes with jizm.

bonegolem
04-23-2002, 05:36 PM
Aaahh...Gamespy brings back memories. I looked into it one day, not knowing what it was...that was the way I discovered Zelda Classic...:)

Warlock
04-23-2002, 05:58 PM
Gamespy sucks these days anyways.. if Gamespot goes pay, that will be the end..

Masamune
04-23-2002, 07:11 PM
the only decent code sights that i know of now are happypuppy.com gamefaqs.com and gamespot.com

Duran
04-24-2002, 12:10 AM
It could be worse.... what if gamefaqs goes that way??

jman2050
04-24-2002, 07:42 AM
or worse. What if Gamefaqs DOES become gamefaX ;) (Reference to April Fool's Joke)

Seriously, Gamefaqs kick s some serious butt when it comes to info. Seeing as the guy runs the site in his spare time, I don't see why it would be a problem.

Darunia
04-24-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by jman2050
or worse. What if Gamefaqs DOES become gamefaX ;) (Reference to April Fool's Joke).

I saw that. I was about to jump to the computer, screamin! "I hate X-block!!!!!" (Ok, I'm being exagerated ;))

Artevoi
04-25-2002, 07:23 AM
This all sounds EXACTLY like something Gamespy would do, remember the Personal Servers?

GS Exec: "Let's charge 100 bucks a year for a personal server and clog up the other servers so noone can get a file without paying us first."

I hate Gamespy.

War Lord
04-25-2002, 07:56 AM
A personal server only costs 6 or 7 bucks a month, and you're not gonna need the damn thing all year, just use it for a month or 2.
Regardless, the other servers aren't that clogged, and how long of a wait they have is entirely dependent upon the time of day.
Obviously at night and early morning will be next to none, or no wait at all.

I have yet to pay for a subscription to File Planet, but that's only because I don't download from it enough to use it, so I wait in line for a few minutes each time I want something and still achieve 30-50 kb a second from those public servers.

They don't clog them up, File Planet is just that damn popular.

Masamune
04-25-2002, 11:36 AM
i freaked out when i saw that gamefax.com joke.... i threw a fit.