PDA

View Full Version : Idea for neat forum hack...

AlexMax
04-23-2002, 03:36 PM
On the main page, there would be a link to a "This day in AGN History" page.

What the AGN history page would have is a list of important stuff that happened that particular day in AGN history. For example.

* The board was started
* A thread (Name which) that ended up having more than x number of replies or pages was started (x being whatever number you feel is right...like 50 replies or four pages)
* A member (who now has more than 1,000 posts) joined the forums
* A member was banned (If the boards keep track of a banned date)
* A member was given a certin mod position (ditto)
* A forum was created/disabled (ditto)

This was an extension on the idea of the "Birthdays" and "Calender" that is already present. Could it be done?

Zeo
04-23-2002, 03:39 PM
That sounds cool, you wanna try and code it?

if you can get a generic one, I bet SB, WL, or Glenn can patch the hack in.

slothman
04-23-2002, 03:39 PM
That would be interesting to see all of the stuff that happened. Like when 'word assc' was finnally places in archives.

Masamune
04-23-2002, 03:41 PM
it's the auto admin!

theplustwo
04-23-2002, 04:00 PM
sounds pretty sweet, only are there enough happenings at agn to fill an entire calendar??

Paradox
04-23-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by fmehmobile
sounds pretty sweet, only are there enough happenings at agn to fill an entire calendar??

probably more than enough, considering there are many 1000 post people now...

Brian
04-23-2002, 05:35 PM
Yeah, this sounds like a great idea, and it would be very interesting. Of course, there woulden't be something for every day, but I would be much more interested in this instead of the quotes. (though I liked them as well) :thumbsup:

King Link
04-23-2002, 08:53 PM
That sounds like an interesting idea.

Drunken Tiger
04-23-2002, 09:16 PM
I like it.. Now the real problem is trying to make up a code for it..;)

Good Luck Alex..

GameQueen
04-23-2002, 11:00 PM
hey, sounds cool! have the day that AGN was moved to VBulletin.

:D

Cyclone
04-23-2002, 11:26 PM
My best stab at something like this would be a standalone Javascript page, updated by whoever updates the items of (history). I mean, I know how to manipulate Javascript to show specific things on specific dates, so I must say that even I can do it. :blah:

Thus, I would be happy to work on such a page...after this week. Exams, see...

Cyclone

Golden Warrior
04-23-2002, 11:34 PM
This is a cool idea. It would be a neat way for old and new members to get up to speed on major events here at AGN which now has a very long history.