PDA

View Full Version : Arcanum or Di........ II

Leon S. Kennedy
04-23-2002, 01:59 PM
Has anyone played the PC game Arcanum ? . . . is it any good? and if you have links to any Arcanum sites post them . . . . . . .

1 more thing has anyone or does anyone know a PC game that new and its call Di. . . . . something II . I saw it at the store ad the name was Diprocies or something. . . . if you know the name of the game PLZ post it for me . . . . .

Thanks. . . .

Grasshopper
04-23-2002, 02:39 PM
You might be thinking of Disciples II: Dark Prophecy It's recently new. I think it came out in January.

Arcayn
04-23-2002, 05:07 PM
I've played Arcanum. At heart, it's a great and refreshing Role playing game, with a lot of innovative features. Sadly, there are a lot of bugs and the gameplay is severely unbalanced towards magic/melee (as opposed to technology/ranged. Firing a bow at someone, you could just as well sneeze at them). Finally, there's unbelievable slowdown in 1 or 2 places, and it isn't really pretty. If you're into this kind of games I'd recommend Baldur's Gate II
That was with the first patch however. They may've corrected some issues since that, but I didn't bother anymore.

The other game you mentioned, I don't know anything about that.

Leon S. Kennedy
04-23-2002, 05:11 PM
Yes Yes Yes . . . . THANK YOU grasshopper the game i was thinking of was in fact Disciples II: Dark Prophecy . . . . .

Grasshopper
04-23-2002, 10:56 PM
You're welcome. :)

DarkDragoonX
04-24-2002, 11:27 AM
Actually, Arcanum is balanced very well, especially if you use the real-time combat mode as opposed to turn based. Fire a few shots at someone, run away, and repeat. Scientific charatcers get a major stat boost at the game's beginning via the charged ring, just plop 2 points into electric, which you will want anyway, for the tesla gun/charged accelerator gun. A tech/ranged character has a hard beginning, but an incredibly easy ending, and vice versa for a magic/melee character. A tech/melee character has the easiest game of all, just get 20 strength and a charged sword, and you become unstoppable. Slowdown? I have NEVER experienced slowdown. Your PC just can't handle it, and that's not the game's fault. There is only one major bug, and that is the firearms master quest, but that is easily fixed by installing the patch. Arcanum is GOD. The only problems you're experiencing with Arcanuim is that you have an underpowered computer, and you don't have the patience to develop a character properly. So MEH.

Leon S. Kennedy
04-25-2002, 08:12 AM
Well tahnk you guy for the opinions on the game apparently they verry depending on the game player. . . . . but does anyone have a link to where i can get an Arcanum Demo or something? . . . .

DarkDragoonX
04-25-2002, 10:52 AM
http://www.troikagames.com/arcanum.htm :)

Leon S. Kennedy
04-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Oooohhhhhhh real nice site DarkDragoonX it helps . . . . and i went to buy both these games at the store but they were like $50 for each . . . . .Grrrrrrr. . . . . So I went on EBay and found boty the games for about $25. . . . . Plus like $12 shipping and handeling . . . . . YA Ya . . . .pretty good, but i guess the stores totally rip people off . . . . .